Weight activated expression pedal

Legion

Anybody know of a weight activated expression pedal I could use with the Axe 2? I know Mission makes one with a spring return, but I'd like the pedal to maintain it's position when I take my foot off. I just want it to switch out of the circuit when I take my foot off. I bought something that did this, called the "G-Lab Wah Pad", that was basically a weight activated plate that you put your wah pedal on. When you'd take your foot off the wah pedal, it would switch the wah out of the circuit. Unfortunately, despite the fact that it was called the "True Bypass Wah Pad", it clearly wasn't true bypass and choked your sustain and killed the high end. Anyway, wondering if anybody knew of an expression pedal that had the same activation.

Auto Engage is close, but I have a couple reservations. First, if I'm using it on a wah, and I'm rocking the pedal back and forth the full length it's going to cut in and out. Also, I don't like having to rock the pedal all the way back to the heel position, leaves room for error. I saw that Mission offers a spring loaded auto return feature, but I also don't like the idea of having to hear as much as a full sweep of the pedal before it turns off if I take my foot off when it fully toe forward. I'm sure I can use some combination of these to get things to an acceptable level, but nothing has been able to beat a weight activated pedal for me. Unfortunately other than the aforementioned wah pad, I haven't been able to find any.

Back
Top Bottom