weighing up options

Hi all,

looking at overhauling the layout/use of the MFC - I had previously had it set so that 1-4 & 6-9 were all scenes and I'd change patches with the up/down buttons then 10 was my tuner while 5 was tap tempo and then I had 11-15 controlling various looper functions. Up until now, I havent really used the looper functions much except for dicking around at home, but now I'll be adding them to my live patches.

How much effort is it to use the reveal function for both looping and scenes??? Is it worth re-setting things and have my patches across 1-5 with effects/amps on/off across 7-15 and using the reveal switch to change scenes/play with looper?? I'm thinking it might be easier to stick with my current layout, but move the looper down a row and just edit my scenes to run across 1-5 (most I have is 4 different scenes that are used in a song), but I keep having this thought that I'm missing out on something and that I could be making it easier...

basically just asking for your thoughts and input as to what youd do in my case

If you're going to be using the looper live and changing scenes etc, I find the extra stomping to get in and out of the looper page is a pain in the ass!

Live, it's MUCH more convenient to have the essential controls right there with your scenes on the main page at all times, similar to your current layout. I used to have 3 IA 's on my main page assigned to REC, PLAY and STOP/STUTTER. Then I went to 2 IA 's with just REC and PLAY to save space.

I'm not doing live looping anymore at my current gigs, but I've configured the REVEAL switch for short tap access to the looper control page just in case. It's close by when I occasionally need it, and out of the way when I don't.

Back
Top Bottom