WDW - Smallbox + Axe-Fx - connections?

I just acquired a Friedman Smallbox tube amp as a complement to my Axe-Fx II. I'll set it up so that I can have WDW with the Friedman dry and AFX providing effects. But of course will have the option to use all the Amp/Cab models in my AFX when I want them (and I definitely will).

I have a nice 2x12 cab for the Smallbox (Heritage G12Ms) and my amazing stereo FRFR cabs from Xitone.

So - in terms of WDW signal routing between the Smallbox and the AFX, I think I have a few options...

1) Use the Smallbox effects send and plug it into one of my AFX inputs. No need to use the returns, as I'll run out of the AFX into the Xitones.

2) The Smallbox also has a line out (which is post power amp signal, I believe). I guess I can also also send my signal from there into one of my AFX inputs.

3) I also have the Fryette Power Station which I can (and will) use as a both a load box and an attenuator. It also has line outs, as well as an effects send. I don't necessarily need the power amp for this specific scenario, as the Xitones are powered. But - the attenuator will allow me to practice late at night, and the load box will allow me to turn off the speaker volume all together and route to my DAW for "silent" recording.

4) The Power Station also provides an effects send/return and a line out.

So - does anyone have any thoughts on the differences or benefits of sending my Smallbox signal to the AFX via the effects send versus the line out? And bonus question - any reason to tap into that signal from the Power Station instead (either via it's effect send or line out)?

Thanks!

-Mark

Back
Top Bottom