WCR pickups

eljodon

Experienced
I just recently got a bunch of different WCR pickups and they sound amazing on pretty much all my Axe Fx 2 patches. I got the CherryBucker for the bridge position on my my 64 Strat, the DarkBurst on my Warmoth Strat, Crossroads set for my 88 Les Paul showcase edition and a Strat set for my 94' 57' Fender Strat reissue. They all sound so detailed, with a nice top end.
I wired the with push pull pot to switch to series/ parallel for my 64 and 57 reissue since they both have Joe Barden Strat deluxe pick ups so I can get a single could tone. These are amazing pickups !!

I swear by WCR pickups...I love the Godwood in the bridge and the darkburst in the neck for the humbucker les pauls I own. So many really well voiced pickups to choose from. Jim is a good guy as well.

I also have a Darkburst/Godwood combo. Theres really no reason for me to try anything else on my guitar. Theyre perfect because they let the guitar do the talking with clarity and dont get in the way which is what too many pickups do. I want to hear the guitar and amp....not the pickup, and these pickups make that happen.

WCR loooong time user here. CR neck, DB bridge and now the GW bridge.

Like ptg, just lets the axe and the guitar shine. Play on!

Man ,that all I needed to hear. Now I'm going to have to buy some .I've been thinking about the godwood and murkat for a while

I like all the ones I got, but the DarkBurst in the bridge so far is my favorite. I met Jim when he hired me to do clips for his pickups together with Scumback speakers and both of them are great guys!
I think my search is over because I tried so many pickups and all the of WCR pickups that i own have so much detail and my guitars have turned into a squealing machine! (Lots of harmonics) . The DarkBurst is the closest to VH sound to my ears.
I'm going to try the GoodWood which is more powerful than the CherryBucker if I remember correctly. But I'm not into hot pickups.

If you're a Floyd user the Murkat is the absolute bomb. Jay "Murkat" Kolanda of NTL Guitars (and former Gibson PRO Custom shop builder) conceived the PUP and Jay is a geet genius.

If you're a Floyd user the Murkat is the absolute bomb. Jay "Murkat" Kolanda of NTL Guitars (and former Gibson PRO Custom shop builder) conceived the PUP and Jay is a geet genius.

I guess I should give it a try! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom