Way to switch back reassign the footswitches live

jobaba

Hello,

I have an FM3 (obviously) and I've figured out how to assign to the three footswtiches various presets. I had to do it via FM3Edit, which is inconvenient but I digress.

On the FM3 Edit view, you can store up to 12 presets to be assigned to footswitches.

How can I toggle live to mix up which of those 12 is in the 3 footswitches live?

Crack the manual and read up on Views. Four views times three footswitches equals 12 footswitches. :)

Last edited:
If reading the manual is confusing then reading a response might be as well :)

Just watch all the videos in this series. It should answer all of your questions.

It's extremely confusing, lol...
Yes, sometimes there’s a lot to absorb. And as @Habuman said, that also applies to reading answers in the forum. :) But don’t worry. You will have an “Oh, now I get it!” moment, and all will be well.

Search the manual for the word “view.” Watch the video that @Habuman posted. Then you’ll have at least half an idea. Your questions will be more specific, and we’ll be able to help you get to where you want to be more quickly.

Is there a reason why someone didn't tell me 'turn Knob D'? :)

That was pretty much what I was looking for at least for the moment, the wording of the question may have not been good. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

Last edited:

That was pretty much what I was looking for at least for the moment, the wording of the question may have not been good. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.
Glad you got it figured out.

said "toggle live" and reaching down seemed less useful than holding a switch.

Last edited:

Because that's not usually how people want to manage footswitches in a live context ;)

Is there a reason why someone didn't tell me 'turn Knob D'?
Yes. Because if we just said, "Turn knob D," you'd have said, "What just happened?"

And we'd have said, "You just changed views."

And you'd have said, "What's a view?"

At this point, we'd have a choice: either point you to the manual and other resources, or type out what the manual says, and post it here.

But we didn't do it that way. Instead, you learned the answer, and learned a bunch of other stuff that will help you in the near future. I guarantee your next questions will be more focused than they would have been if you hadn't done that. And because of that, you'll get to your goal faster.

Even though it can be confusing, I highly recommend spending the time to learn about layouts, linked views, and per-preset overrides. When combined, they completely unlock the unit and make it a total powerhouse for performing.

Back
Top Bottom