Washburn N4 (Nuno's guitar) - curious

Washburn N4 or N2 (Nuno's guitar)
Hi - I'm basically curious about this, if anyone has any input or experience with this 6 string electric guitar, please let me know. The new version or old one.

thx

My roommate at NGSW had a N4, way back, 20+ years ago. It was a fantastic design and if I wasn't in love with set neck 24.75" scale, I'd be all over it.

N4's are great. So great in fact that I've got 3!!

Well 1 is an original 1992 Washburn Custom Shop N4 I got signed by Nuno in '92)
An other is a Padauk Model I built myself out of eBay parts and the third one is a light Ash body with a Maple fretboard (Like an N3) that I built out of eBay parts.

One word of warning if you're thinking of buying a second hand one : there seen to be more home built N4 guitars for sale on the internet than actual "built in the Chicago Custom Shop". Get a new or second hand one from a reputable website or shop. Like anything you need to do your research before you buy. Things like "Davies era" models, Funky Monkey special runs, custom shop anomalies, "Bill Laurence USA" copy Vs original "Bill and Becky Laurence" L-500 pickups (don't get me started on that one) all make for an "interesting" challange when trying to buy second hand.

(Pickup short story: Call Becky Laurence and get a L-500 wound to Nuno's specifications).

There's a pretty good facebook page made up from the old forumites from the now defunct "N4rum" forum.

Back
Top Bottom