Warm Old School Strat Tone - 70's Prog Rock style - '86 MIJ Strat - John Bonham Drums

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there guys how's it going? Just thought i'd share this little tune I put together over a John Bonham drum outtake from the Led Zeppellin song "Fool in the Rain", absolutely great groove.
I quite like the last couple of sections after the guitar solo, and will probably use them in my project somewhere. Quite a 70s prog feel to it in parts.

Theres a couple of tones mixed about in there, 1 warm vintage type strat tone which has a couple of drive pedals to boost it for the lead parts, then the "80s pop gate" preset which came with the Axe FX for that highly compressed 80s spanky tone, particuarly in the 2nd last fast strumming section.

Many thanks guys, hope you enjoy! take care

Last edited:
Killer feel, mood and tone......like it a lot. Would never have recognized the Fool In The Rain drum groove had you not mentioned it.

Thanks alot guys means alot to me :), yeah I love taking actual drum tracks and jamming/writing to them as it feels a bit more like actually playing with another musician rather than creating triggered drums etc..

Back
Top Bottom