Wanting to start fresh

rtcook

Experienced
I have saved presets from way back and keep updating and tweeting them. I wonder if they could be better by just starting over as many of them now sound terrible. I want to start out fresh and rebuild the couple presets I currently use the most as they are pretty simple amp/cab setups with just a few if any effects. What's the best way to go about this? Just delete all the presets? Install the newest firmware fresh after that? How to reset the Axe to factory to start fresh?

Thanks,

Roger

That's what I'm going to do now - but I don't delete my presets, I back them up on my pc to have something to compare and also to play with. But I've put the latest fw and the new factory presets in the Axe and start from scratch.

If you feel like you won't be using your old presets you can always wipe them, but there's really no harm in backing up just in case! Alternatively, resetting the amp blocks is the same as a "factory reset" for all intents and purposes. Since the Cab blocks have been largely unchanged it seems easier to do that rather than scrapping the whole preset.

Edit: You can reset any block easily through Axe Edit by right clicking and using the edit menu, or by double clicking bypass on the front panel of the Axe-Fx.

I have saved presets from way back and keep updating and tweeting them. I wonder if they could be better by just starting over as many of them now sound terrible. I want to start out fresh and rebuild the couple presets I currently use the most as they are pretty simple amp/cab setups with just a few if any effects. What's the best way to go about this? Just delete all the presets? Install the newest firmware fresh after that? How to reset the Axe to factory to start fresh?

Thanks,

Roger

If it were me, I would back up the presets and then in AxeEdit, reset just the amp block and re-create from there. This is assuming everything else sounds fine and it's just the basic amp tone you have a problem with.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom