WTB Wanted FM9 Turbo (With North American Power Cord) under 1 year old.

dsouza

Experienced
If you have a North American Unit of an FM9 Turbo that's under one year old with power cord and any necessary cables (USB cable etc) running FW 5.01 I am willing to buy it. Here is my proposition:

Brand new FM9 Turbo worth $1600 USD = $2148.64 CAD. Used 1 year old or less FM9 Turbo $1504.05 CAD (70% new cost)

1) I will trade my $1198 CAD AX8 fully loaded system, AX8 ($999 CAD) with Gig CASE ($199 CAD) -- never gigged with. (details can be found here) : https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ree-custom-presets-valentines-special.201088/ with POP via receipts.

Plus send you $306.05 CAD for your (1 year old or less) used FM9 Turbo unit. It has to be a turbo. $1504.05 CAD is roughly 70% of the cost of a brand new FM9 Turbo. My AX8 with gig case is worth $1198 CAD. The difference in price is therefore $306.05 CAD. The FM9 Turbo has to be in immaculate condition. You must be the first buyer. Under 1 year old. No dings, dents, scratches. 100% operational. NEVER dropped or damaged. Never gigged with. Provide me with POP via receipts. I will send you POP (receipts) of my immaculate AX8 fully loaded system.

Plus I will pay for shipping via a reputable service like UPS 7 day shipping with tracking. (Or similar -- we decide together)

Transaction to be carried out via Paypal PPFF.

I'm in Toronto Canada. I'm only willing to buy from someone in Canada (First Preference) or USA (Second Preference). I prefer a Canadian Sale as if I import from USA I have to pay duties and all that crap.

If interested leave me a private message, with your full name and address and I will give you a shipping charge quote (UPS 3-5 day , w/ tracking) for my lovely AX8 fully loaded package.

P.S. You must send me pictures of your FM9 Turbo unit, power cord (for North America) etc via private message as well.

P.P.S. Don't trust the scalpers on Reverb. Their prices are hiked up fraudelently looking to make a quick buck. I'm going by accurate, brand new, recent Fractal pricing on the FM9 Turbo.

Last edited:
So you want 100% new value for your AX8, but only pay half value for a new FM9 ?
You realize it's closer to 3k CAD shipped and after duties I hope lol would be a sweet deal for you though..

I said I'd be willing to pay UPS shipping. And I said I prefer sale from only Canada cause F*ck U.S duties. Didn't you read the ad properly? LOL.

Anyways I found someone local here , willing to do a straight trade of their 1 year old FM9T for my AX8, plus gig bag, plus more than $800 worth of custom presets I'm giving away for FREE (as I can't legally charge for them).

So he's getting a sweet deal, and so am I :)

Last edited:
What is giving you the impression that a barely used FM9 Turbo is worth only $1,120 USD? The going rate on Reverb for FM9 Turbos (looking at the most recent completed sales) is roughly $1,600. And your valuation for the AX8 is wrong in the opposite direction; based on recent Reverb transactions, they're going for an average of $625, not $750. So assuming that there's someone out there who wants to trade down from an FM9 to an AX8, you should probably be offering $1000 USD plus the AX8 given the current state of the market.

What is giving you the impression that a barely used FM9 Turbo is worth only $1,120 USD? The going rate on Reverb (looking at the most recent completed sales) is roughly $1,600. And your valuation for the AX8 is wrong in the opposite direction; based on recent Reverb transactions, they're going for an average of $625, not $750. So assuming that there's someone out there who wants to switch from an FM9 to an AX8, you should probably be offering $1000 USD plus the AX8 given the current state of the market.
You're crazy reverb has scalpers hacking up the prices you dimwit. And AX8's are going for $1000 CAD or so in my city. Anyways I don't care a hoot as I already found a sale! My ad will stay up until the final transaction is done however. :)

Wow, the math on this one is really mind-boggling. You paid CAD $2800 CAD yourself for a new FM9T:

I will use the FM9 (Which cost me just under $2800 CAD with tax and delivery) in my studio , and use my AX8 for backup/gigging.

Brand new FM9 Turbo worth $1600 USD = $2148.64 CAD. Used 1 year old or less FM9 Turbo $1504.05 CAD (70% new cost)

…and you think a seller will drop the price for a mint FM9T to $1504,05 CAD in a market where no new FM9T is on the market? That's $1300 depreciation! I don't believe any sane person will close that deal.

Of course I pay duties, taxes, and shipping if it's coming from the USA. That's why I'm in talks with a LOCAL buyer here in my city! I bypass those costs completely ! :) Remember I'm buying used. When I bought my FM9T from fractal NEW in November 2023 yes I paid all those extra costs, but for a USED second unit for gigging I'm not going to blow the house down with crazy expenses. ;)

If the deal works out with this guy great. O.W I'll just sell off my AX8 this Christmas 2024, and 5 years from now when the FM9T is selling for $1000-$1200 USD new, as newer products bring the price down, I'll pick up another brand new one from Fractal with hopefully LARGER SCRIBBLE STRIPS. haha! ;)

I've decided to only buy my next FM9T NEW from FAS once again, in the future when I need it. O.W. I might get a great deal but end up stuck with a LEMON.

Last edited:
Wow, the math on this one is really mind-boggling. You paid CAD $2800 CAD yourself for a new FM9T:

…and you think a seller will drop the price for a mint FM9T to $1504,05 CAD in a market where no new FM9T is on the market? That's $1300 depreciation! I don't believe any sane person will close that deal.
... must have been a sane person (or imaginary, or Craigslist scammer) ...
... cuz the AX8 is still up for grabs...
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...se-w-multiple-pockets-free-custom-irs.201433/

Back
Top Bottom