Want to speed up boot time? Delete all your presets!

I timed it both ways and actually don't find much difference if any, but it's only about 20 seconds compared to the 12 seconds in the OP. There was a time when it made a much more significant change--Cliff's recent speed up makes it all moot to me anyway.

Danny W.

I timed it both ways and actually don't find much difference if any, but it's only about 20 seconds compared to the 12 seconds in the OP. There was a time when it made a much more significant change--Cliff's recent speed up makes it all moot to me anyway.

The boot time on my end is just under 10s.

I just tried this b/c I finally got my self a sequencing furman conditioner for my rig. But it only has power sequence delays of about 15s while my FX3 was taking 20s to boot up. I updated the firmware to 20.04 and deleted all presets but a handful.

Now it takes 25s to boot up. WTF?

Any ideas? I was really looking forward to sequencing power up of my whole rig.

I just tried this b/c I finally got my self a sequencing furman conditioner for my rig. But it only has power sequence delays of about 15s while my FX3 was taking 20s to boot up. I updated the firmware to 20.04 and deleted all presets but a handful.

Now it takes 25s to boot up. WTF?

Any ideas? I was really looking forward to sequencing power up of my whole rig.
I'm not sure. I've got 81 presets and the total boot-up time right now is around 14 seconds. I don't know if the number of cabs makes any difference, but I've got around 215(User Cabs). How many do you have?

Recently I check a video from Cooper Carter and his Axe3 boots very very very fast :sweatsmile: ....I'm just wondering how...? Also the progress bar disappeared....It's that possible coz doesn't look like video editing...maybe yes...Sorry for my dumb question....@Cooper Carter can you help me?
Check this

Last edited:
What us the bennifit? I understand the removal of let's say clutter, things you do not use, so that makes sense. To me the time it takes to boot up my A3 m2 version has never entered my mind. Gaining 15 seconds isnt going to make me live longer. If loading the bar stalled or got stuck, then that's a concern.

What us the bennifit? I understand the removal of let's say clutter, things you do not use, so that makes sense. To me the time it takes to boot up my A3 m2 version has never entered my mind. Gaining 15 seconds isnt going to make me live longer. If loading the bar stalled or got stuck, then that's a concern.
That's 15 seconds I'm not sitting there, waiting for it to boot.

I turn it on, and have to hustle to get my guitar on and plugged in before the cable is live. Any faster and I'd have to change that sequence.

Back
Top Bottom