Want to replace JVM - less expensive option?

slinky005

Power User
Using a 410H into my 1936 cab - Axe into serial loop (Band A)
Axe direct to FOH using IEMs (Band B)
I know some have had success with the JVM as a power amp but not happening for me.
Maybe because I've been using IRs (with IEMs) for two years.
If I was going to change my Band A amp - what difference would I be hearing if I went with something less expensive (and heavier unfortunately) than a Matrix, like a Crown?
The reason I am considering this is because my primary setup is with band B (IEMs) and short on the all important cash.
Also I'm in Canada so that adds quite a bit to the cost with shipping, duty and exchange rate.
Still want to hold on to the JVM so selling for the cash is not an option.

Last edited:
Using a 410H into my 1936 cab - Axe into serial loop (Band A)
Axe direct to FOH using IEMs (Band B)
I know some have had success with the JVM as a power amp but not happening for me.
Maybe because I've been using IRs (with IEMs) for two years.
If I was going to change my Band A amp - what difference would I be hearing if I went with something less expensive (and heavier unfortunately) than a Matrix, like a Crown?
The reason I am considering this is because my primary setup is with band B (IEMs) and short on the all important cash.
Also I'm in Canada so that adds quite a bit to the cost with shipping, duty and exchange rate.
Still want to hold on to the JVM so selling for the cash is not an option.
Fryette 2/50/2 is good option, unfortunately for "Cheaper than a Matrix" your options are limited.

Look for peavey classic 50/50, great power amp and built like a tank. A ton a bang for the buck,
you could probably hang on to the jvm too.

Back
Top Bottom