"Walk A Mile" - live recorded blues-rock

Cainer do you like the sound FRFR whilst playing live? Did it take some getting used to? I haven't had the chance yet to play with a drummer as of yet.

To me I couldn't tell the difference from the clip you provided. Sounded like w cabinet to me actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cainer do you like the sound FRFR whilst playing live? Did it take some getting used to? I haven't had the chance yet to play with a drummer as of yet.

To me I couldn't tell the difference from the clip you provided. Sounded like w cabinet to me actually.

It didn't take a whole lot of adjustment to be honest - it did take me a while to get some patches made that I was happy with, but now that I do (and firmware updates have certainly helped), it's not that much different. You do need to get up to a certain volume level to get the natural feedback and sustain happening. I've found that what works best for me is to have a FRFR speaker as backline, and also have it running through the P.A. mains.

Last edited:
Thanks Cainer. Some people have said that a traditional cab with FRFR is necessary. Sounds like from your clip that you've gotten a pretty natural sound with FRFR. Would love to know which settings you find useful in achieving that. Amp setting or cab settings etc?

Thanks Cainer. Some people have said that a traditional cab with FRFR is necessary. Sounds like from your clip that you've gotten a pretty natural sound with FRFR. Would love to know which settings you find useful in achieving that. Amp setting or cab settings etc?

Honestly, I don't do anything super complicated or advanced - I mostly just treat it like I would a real amp as far as the settings etc. You can check out the preset I attached above - I don't think I messed with many advanced settings. There is definitely a volume threshold that you need to get to for it to sound/feel most natural. I've been on gigs where it wasn't quite working for me, then I turned it up a bit and suddenly it seemed to really come alive.

I put the FRFR speaker on the floor behind me on its side like a monitor wedge, angled up at me. Sometimes a resonant stage will mess with the low end a little bit, but for the most part I've had good luck using it like that.

Like it absolutly.....Tone and Power..........the IR´s aren´t Ultrares? That seems to be not important...........Great!

Do you use them in a Stereocab? panned left-right oder everthing mono?

Last edited:
Ah, I have tried your Preset - it´s worth to try! No low cut in the Amp block - and not the usually way to use the T808.......sounds really fat with the strat - great!

Back
Top Bottom