"Wake Me With Whispers" (Crepusculum Cover) Axe Fx II/Suhr Content

Hi guys been a long time since my previous video..Since i got my Axe Fx II been learning the ropes of it and recently i was hooked onto this beautiful piece by Fred Baty. Decided to make a patch for it, learn it and make a video for you guys. Hope you enjoy this as much as i did!

For those interested in the patch its basically the stock patch 005(ac15) with a stereo tape delay after the amp and cab block at 450ms and at mix 34%.

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy this as much as i did!

and-the-crowd-goes-wild.jpg

This a beautiful song! I was mesmerized by the sootheness it instilled me. Happen to have a tab handy?

Patch was real good too IMHO.

Thanks guys! Wierdly its a very simple patch. I think singlecoils just work magic when used for cleans.

But really it was Fred (Baty) that worked the magic with this composition. I just played it the best i could. Do check his stuff out its available for download free too.

By the way do consider subscribing if you like this guys! I will be putting vids up more regularly now after completing my army conscript.

Thanks so much! :D

Eugene

Last edited:
Very cool tune indeed. One thought: Most of what you were doing with your right hand came through, but it seemed like there were a fair amount of notes and slides to notes that were hard to hear or discern etc. I don't know what you have going on with compression on that patch, but you may experiment with compression or multi-band compression to really make everything your right hand is doing really come through more evenly. I'm not being critical. ...Just a thought. I really liked what you were doing and would have enjoyed it even more if I could have heard every nuance of what your right hand was doing. :)

Hey guys the tab is in the video description of the link above.Do give Fred some views and support! :D

@guitarzzan : No dude you're not being critical you were offering very good constructive comments.I was thinking the same thing too.It was partly down to me not having a good take though also i think i had to tap quite hard to hear something audible so may have to rework the patch abit.However i have always thought that compressors dont work too well for an organic clean tone? Which i was trying to achieve with this patch. Hmm will definately give it a run though. This patch imo doesnt work too well for guys who only have humbucker tones at their disposal. Only works nicely for singlecoils and good sounding coil tapped humbuckers.

Back
Top Bottom