Waiting on Delivery Schedule

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Am sure you folks have experienced this feeling before...your eBay/reverb item sold and you got if off to a shipping carrier the next day...and you waited for your package to make its way across the CONUS...you shipped on the 5th, and now it's the 10th...tracking indicates the package is still 2 days away from delivery...your fingernails have been chewed; you've got a psychosomatic nervous tick; you're concerned about your package being delivered as promised; your buyer can't be at home delivery day and requests that you allow change of delivery location; you explain to the buyer he has the power to do this himself; your carrier allows location change once initial delivery attempt has been made...your nerves are frazzled.

What to do? What would any expectant father do with the impending birth of his child? He'd pace the floor, smoke as many cigarettes as his mouth could hold, watch the clock like a hawk, hit F5 on delivery day every 10 minutes, contact his buyer and reassure him that his baby would soon arrive, and that like you, the buyer has been doing the same exact routine as you since he paid for his item...

Sound familiar?

The kid in me wants to play the Heinz ketchup "Anticipation" song.
giphy.gif

I shipped one guitar three weeks ago and had two incoming, one from Japan in the last two weeks. All three hit that spot where the trackers were not being updated and it was just silence for a couple days. I just stopped thinking about it. Absolutely nothing I can do about anything until something shows up at my door and I’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding the mental drudgery of dwelling over things I have no control over.

The one from Japan passed through customs and then I didn’t hear a single thing until it was out for delivery, it was a good 3-4 days. That got me a little antsy but I researched the seller first and found people who bought from him, it was nothing unusual so I just put it out of my head.

I shipped one guitar three weeks ago and had two incoming, one from Japan in the last two weeks. All three hit that spot where the trackers were not being updated and it was just silence for a couple days. I just stopped thinking about it. Absolutely nothing I can do about anything until something shows up at my door and I’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding the mental drudgery of dwelling over things I have no control over.

The one from Japan passed through customs and then I didn’t hear a single thing until it was out for delivery, it was a good 3-4 days. That got me a little antsy but I researched the seller first and found people who bought from him, it was nothing unusual so I just put it out of my head.
Yup. My shipment had a layover in Illinois for a couple days and its on its way again. Scheduled delivery is this Thursday, but the buyer will be away and hopes to redirect to a drop-point location. Maybe this is what's got me a bit nervous...apparently, the shipping carrier does not allow redirect until after initial delivery attempt has been made, and it usually takes a day or 2 extra time for redirect to the new location. Will watch for initial delivery attempt and check with the carrier after...

What??! No old guy in his 60s "comical" reference or link to a very specific song about waiting something something is the hardest part??!

Oh wait, I just did it.. (not in my 60s either) o_O

What??! No old guy in his 60s "comical" reference or link to a very specific song about waiting something something is the hardest part??!
Oh wait, I just did it.. (not in my 60s either) o_O
If you're at least 60 years old, one does recall the Heinz commercials from when they were kids themselves. Tom Petty arrived a few years later, and for some obscure reason, I wasn't that much of a fan of his...his music was "good," just not my style...

Yup. My shipment had a layover in Illinois for a couple days and its on its way again. Scheduled delivery is this Thursday, but the buyer will be away and hopes to redirect to a drop-point location. Maybe this is what's got me a bit nervous...apparently, the shipping carrier does not allow redirect until after initial delivery attempt has been made, and it usually takes a day or 2 extra time for redirect to the new location. Will watch for initial delivery attempt and check with the carrier after...

Yeah, I’d be on ‘Eek” status for a few days during that as well! Good luck!

Yeah, I’d be on ‘Eek” status for a few days during that as well! Good luck!
Good news as of this morning...item has reached an in-state delivery hub. Will check later tonight and see if the buyer has successfully redirected the delivery location, or if he'll need to wait a day until the carrier attempts delivery. Also will check and see if my item moves within the transit system and will be on the truck for delivery Thursday, as scheduled...

EDIT: Item delivered today. (Wife was at home and signed for package, bless her...). Buyer will verify item's safe arrival and business can be concluded. Nail-biting, nervous tick-thing subsided.

Making way for new guitar from Sweetwater, arrival TBD Friday into next week.

Last edited:
Post-EDIT: Awaited a eBay message which never arrived this evening. Instead, checked My eBay for feedback, and sure enough, the buyer happily stated that the guitar had arrived with prompt shipping, well-packaged, and in better condition than he'd imagined. It made me smile winsomely that one of my "children" had found a new place to call home, and that her usefulness would be in good hands for an honorable purpose.

Follow-up: Ordered a PRS DGT SE Tobacco Sunburst earlier today (01/13) and received FedEx notification delivery is scheduled for Sunday (01/15) That's pretty quick turnaround/shipping.

Will let guitar sit unopened until late Sunday night. Evaluation and test drive (sorry, my recording ability is non-existent) Monday.

If you have a device that can post on this forum then you have recording ability. C’mon! :cool:
Yup. Purchased Logic Pro a couple years back, but have no clue how to record a clip, add necessary effects, and master a copy. I'd need quite a while to produce a decent clip. That, plus my chops are really bad, so I'm not sure an audio clip would do any justice to the guitar.

As was said, it will be possible for me to provide a in-hand evaluation and review. I'd really prefer to let others with better chops provide the audio clips...mine aren't worth much...

Brand-spankin' new PRS DGT SE arrived noontime Sunday 01/15. Had ordered 11:45 AM 01/13 Friday, and the guitar arrived in record time from Sweetwater.

Will wait for carton to acclimate to room temperature, then open said carton after 10 PM. Images to follow Monday evening. Review possible at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom