Wait for AXE FX IV or just get the AXE FX III ?

Sidius

So the question is in the title. I have been using the first Axe FX since the dawn of time. For me I'm always unlucky in the sense that when I get something one day, a newer better version is round the corner and I'm always left disappointed that I didn't wait a bit longer. Do you guys think the fourth Axe FX is around the corner before I drop hard earned cash over the third one ?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Last edited:
So the question is in the title. I have been using the first Axe FX since the dawn of time. For me I'm always unlucky in the sense that when I get something one day, a newer better version is round the corner and I'm always left disappointed that I didn't wait a bit longer. Do you guys think the fourth Axe FX is any round the corner before I drop hard ealarned cash over the third one ?

Thanks in advance
I don't think we'll see the IV anytime soon. The III still has a lot of life ahead of it.

If I had a version older than the III and was happy with it, I might hold out for the IV, but not sure I could be that patient. The III has so much to offer.

So the question is in the title. I have been using the first Axe FX since the dawn of time. For me I'm always unlucky in the sense that when I get something one day, a newer better version is round the corner and I'm always left disappointed that I didn't wait a bit longer. Do you guys think the fourth Axe FX is any round the corner before I drop hard ealarned cash over the third one ?

Thanks in advance
I don't think you have to worry about that. Axe-Fx III (specially MKII) is still a relatively new product and considering how long the life cycle of Axe-Fx II was, I wouldn't count on anything surprising in at least the next 3 years.

The limiting factor in my tone is always in my fingers, not the unit itself. Time spent learning how these units operate and what you can do with them is probably more important than the hardware advances made. There’s a lot to learn: pros/cons of the ways to monitor, IR selection, gain staging, tone shaping, amps, leveling, modulation, delay, controllers, etc.

You don’t need to know all of it but the sooner you get started the more fun you’ll have.

The limiting factor in my tone is always in my fingers, not the unit itself. Time spent learning how these units operate and what you can do with them is probably more important than the hardware advances made. There’s a lot to learn: pros/cons of the ways to monitor, IR selection, gain staging, tone shaping, amps, leveling, modulation, delay, controllers, etc.

You don’t need to know all of it but the sooner you get started the more fun you’ll have.
I'm confused by this reply.... lol
I don't mean my ability to play or the unit. Just wanting to know when Mark 4 is coming. I appreciate your post though 😃

Get what you want today. If the IV drops, sell the III, use money to get IV. If you lose a little bit on the resale, just think of it as the cost of the time you actually got with the III

Life is too short to constantly be waiting for the next thing. Time will pass regardless. The question is: are you gonna spend that time waiting?

Or playing?

Zero chance of there being a IV coming out anytime soon considering the craziness that's in the latest beta is the kind of stuff you would expect from a next generation unit. Buy one now and don't look back. But if you're still paranoid, you could always just buy a used unit so in the event that the IV is launched soon (not going to happen), you wouldn't have paid full price for a last-gen unit. In that case, I could sell you one of mine.

Just wanting to know when Mark 4 is coming.

Users have absolutely no idea when anything is going to be available. That's sensitive information that companies don't release because it gives their competitors some inside information. Fractal doesn't say until the day they announce the device is available for purchase.

And, as was said before, Cliff said there's a lot of life in the current generation. Waiting until a IV is released probably means waiting years.

I think people often confused what the main product delivered by fractal audio actually is… I mean a dedicated/optimized hardware box makes sense…

But the real product is the software.

And we get the freshest newest on a regular schedule.

dab success GIF

That's why I always buy their new product right when it comes out. Has worked for me with the II, the III, the FM3 and FM9. (I never bought the XL or Turbo versions though).

Reactions: J.C
Back
Top Bottom