Wah's on every time?

mattseed

Inspired
Hi guys I have just set up for the first time my Mission Sp-1 expression pedal.

I followed the YouTube tutorial by Katsukuri Media (thanks for that video it's brilliant guys and really helped me out) and it all works fine as a volume pedal then a wah upon click. Did the exact same thing to 2 or 3 patches of mine, they all work great.

Problem comes when I now go back to one of these patches it has the wah enabled first.

I thought perhaps it was that I'd saved the patches while in wah mode so I re saved them with it as a volume pedal instead and still the same.

Anyone got any idea why ?

Thank you
Matthew

Slightly different but perhaps related...

My patches default to a Wah on state every time I do a firmware update

I find that putting them into bypass from the front panel and then saving, again via the front panel, tends to save them in their bypassed state once again - would doing a similar thing sort your issue..?

Enable PC RST for the wah & volume bypass modifiers then store the preset. Set damping to 0 ms at those pages if it isn't there already (see below). Leave & return to the preset. Now as long as you haven't moved the pedal, you can change the block bypass states via front panel. Bypass wah and engage the vol/pan, then store the preset again. (Using the switch won't affect what gets stored.)

Realize that unless you have a controller that can deal with this in a better way (the MFC can't), if you last switched to wah on the previous preset, you'll have to press the switch twice to get wah on the new preset. Bypass modifier damping at 0 ms should prevent any sound glitches from brief state change after that first redundant press.

Thanks Cover'd I'm pretty sure I tried that one. I tried quite a few little resaves, like save then power down and back up again etc but it still seems to do it.

Thanks Bakerman, that all sounds complicated.....I'm sure it will make sense to me when I'm in front of the axe......I'll try that in the morning. Thank you.

Thanks Cover'd I'm pretty sure I tried that one. I tried quite a few little resaves, like save then power down and back up again etc but it still seems to do it.

Fair dues :encouragement:

Bakerman weighed in with something that it far more likely to sort you out... as usual!

Hi Bakerman I'm new to my axe and I tried to follow the instructions you kindly shared.....sadly for me I fell at the first hurdle. Could you tell me where I find the PC RST setting enable it please ?
Thank you
Matthew

It's at the modifier screen with the dot and source etc. Do that for both of the blocks' bypass modifiers (press enter on byp. mode control) which are the ones with the switch's Ext Ctrl as source.

believe it or not, it's in the manual:

7.2.5 Program Change Reset
Normally, the last value of an external control source is retained—even across preset changes—until a new value is received. So if you “park” a pedal-controlled Wah, for example, then change to a new preset with the same Wah settings, the newly loaded preset will load with the Wah in the same parked position.

Program Change Reset (PC RST) allows you to override this behavior, causing a parameter to use a previously stored setting when it loads, rather than referring to the retained source value. As soon as the external controller is updated—the pedal moved, a new MIDI message received—the attached parameter snaps back to track it again.

Back
Top Bottom