Wah Wah!!! Do you use Wah or Expression pedal?

wesleyamltd

Inspired
I love wah… who here doesn’t?
So, I really appreciate the fact fractal has so many options when it comes to wah, but I don’t like having to program every preset to get the “sound” I like. So I use JP wah and it’s perfect, because I can dial in the internal eq to best suit my set up.

What do you prefer? Real wah or Model wah or both?
In addition, what is your favorite wah, actual or otherwise.

I like the built in wahs......for one thing, you can use your expression pedal for both wah and whammy in the same preset.

Right now, my favorite sound for wah is the Paragon and Mortal models both at once.......awesome.

You do know you can save a wah block to your library once you get it dialed in, right?

I like the built in wahs......for one thing, you can use your expression pedal for both wah and whammy in the same preset.

Right now, my favorite sound for wah is the Paragon and Mortal models both at once.......awesome.

You do know you can save a wah block to your library once you get it dialed in, right?
I do but I’m super lazy

The expression pedal is preferred. With it, I can have up to four different wahs in one preset. I usually use one for funky clean, one for rhythm and one for lead. The individual wahs are also perfectly configurable. Brilliant!

Expression pedal here as well, the wahs can all be set to hit that sweet vocal spot right where you want it on the pedal. But if your setup is working for you, it’s working! Don’t sweat it.

So, I really appreciate the fact fractal has so many options when it comes to wah, but I don’t like having to program every preset to get the “sound” I like. So I use JP wah and it’s perfect, because I can dial in the internal eq to best suit my set up.

I use the wah models and a fractal expression pedal. I turn the drive down in the wah block until it's just noticeable.

Mission Engineering SP1 here since the AF2 MK1 era.

I always customise my wahs, in fact, I had modelled and improved (back then I was playing with low output SSS, nowadays I play only with humbuckers) my vintage 67-68 era Vox wah.

I've even modified the SP1 to have the same physical travel as my Vox wah, and since I was lucky enough to own an origial ICAR pot, I've even customised the taper (thank you FAS!).

So, as far as I am concerned, I have zero reasons to use a separate wah pedal.

Mission Engineering SP1 here since the AF2 MK1 era.

I always customise my wahs, in fact, I had modelled and improved (back then I was playing with low output SSS, nowadays I play only with humbuckers) my vintage 67-68 era Vox wah.

I've even modified the SP1 to have the same physical travel as my Vox wah, and since I was lucky enough to own an origial ICAR pot, I've even customised the taper (thank you FAS!).

So, as far as I am concerned, I have zero reasons to use a separate wah pedal.
Sick!

I use expression Mission Engineering EP1 Pedals, one for Volume and one for Wah, also can be using them for other things like chorus, delay, flanger etc.

But when I making my presets and if there is wah I usually tweaking wah sound (look picture and that figure in middle).
I like that wah sound is not muddy (lower voices) and not so bright/sharp (higher voices).
That diagram can be little bit different, depending what wah model I use.

1706395743793.png

Auto-Wah here (typically the Paragon Wah with an Envelope Follower), as I'm too lazy to use a pedal, plus I don't like being tied to pedal location(s) on stage.

Guess which one is the wah controller:
20240101_224106.jpg

;)

Back
Top Bottom