Wah + volume boost on same Pedal

3dognate

Inspired
So here's the deal... Here's what I'm after, I have a Mission Expression pedal with a toe switch.

I want that pedal to function as follows...
  1. Switch off (Ext 2)+ Toe Up = normal volume (0.0 db on the filter block level on Ext 1 at the end of the signal chain)
  2. Switch off (Ext 2)+ Toe Down = Lead volume (+5 db on the Filter block's level on Ext )
  3. Switch on and Toe Down (Ext 2)= Wah engaged and active on Ext 1 and Filter at +5
  4. Switch Down and Toe up (Ext 2)= Wah engaged and active on Ext 1 and Filter at +5
Now, I figured out how to bypass the filter with the toe switch which dis engages the solo boost. But that's not what I'm after as that is typical Wah/Vol behavior.

I thought I'd ask how to achieve it so that it just stops sweeping Ext 1 for the filter block level while leaving it engaged when the toe switch is on (100%) and back to normal sweeping of the Ext 1 for Filter block level when the toe switch is disengaged. (This behavior is available in the GSP1101, All the Line 6 floor units) but I'm a newbie at modifiers in the AX8 but would like to continue to use this method as I find it perfect for my work flow and need to "ride my own fader" live.

So here's the deal... Here's what I'm after, I have a Mission Expression pedal with a toe switch.

I want that pedal to function as follows...
  1. Switch off (Ext 2)+ Toe Up = normal volume (0.0 db on the filter block level on Ext 1 at the end of the signal chain)
  2. Switch off (Ext 2)+ Toe Down = Lead volume (+5 db on the Filter block's level on Ext )
  3. Switch on and Toe Down (Ext 2)= Wah engaged and active on Ext 1 and Filter at +5
  4. Switch Down and Toe up (Ext 2)= Wah engaged and active on Ext 1 and Filter at +5
Now, I figured out how to bypass the filter with the toe switch which dis engages the solo boost. But that's not what I'm after as that is typical Wah/Vol behavior.

I thought I'd ask how to achieve it so that it just stops sweeping Ext 1 for the filter block level while leaving it engaged when the toe switch is on (100%) and back to normal sweeping of the Ext 1 for Filter block level when the toe switch is disengaged. (This behavior is available in the GSP1101, All the Line 6 floor units) but I'm a newbie at modifiers in the AX8 but would like to continue to use this method as I find it perfect for my work flow and need to "ride my own fader" live.

Why don't you set the filter range from -5 db to 0 db? I believe would give you the result you're looking for. Now, when you are in the toe down position and you hit the switch to bypass, you will maintain your "boost" since the filter will bypass at the 0 db level, which will be your high volume level Don't have an SP1 I can test this out with, but it seems like that would work.
-
Austin

There are many way to achieve things with fractal products, but if you want expression to function like the units you mentioned with out workaround you need an sp-2 mission or perform this mode to you sp-1. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/double-expression-from-my-sp-1-mission.109364/

Well I went downstairs and set my presets up to do the -5 db to -0db suggestion from @atquinn and @Bakerman suggested and that seems to work perfectly fine. I made up the difference with the amp level. Didn't seem to introduce any new noise or anything. So, I'm pretty happy with that. Now I can leave my 2nd expression pedal to other duties like pitch, feedback and the other weird stuff..

Back
Top Bottom