Wah/vol in same preset w/o M-plex block?

fenderguy

Hi all, new to the fractal world and pretty overwhelmed so far! My question to all the knowledgeable folks here is as thread title says. I’m trying to make a kitchen sink preset and have all block spaces used up. Is there a way to do this? Have Wah for certain scenes and volume for others? Tried parallel-ing vol and Wah on the same row, setting each to their own channel but that doesn’t work. Could I save a block by parallel-ing say chorus and tremolo? Would they still work as per normal? Thanks in advance!

Check out the 'Send' and 'Return' blocks. They are for routing the signal from one location to another on the grid. Mostly used to extend the signal chain to another row for more space. There are other, more advanced uses too.

The Fractal online manual is a long read. But it is well worth your time. Another option is to contact a Fractal expert for an online Zoom consultation to get to what are your specific needs. ;)

You need to use the channel setting in the modifiers to enable and disable the pedal action as needed in the block as you change channels. For example, in the Control parameter modifier in the Wah block, set it to channel to A. Then the pedal will only auto-engage and control the wah block while it's on channel A. For scenes where you don't want wah, change the wah block to a channel other than A and auto-engage will keep it bypassed. The volume block is even easier since you don't need auto-engage for that. Bypass the Vol/Pan block in the scenes where you want Wah and not volume and change the Wah block back to channel A. The pedal will still move the volume parameter along with the wah, but you won't hear it while the vol/pan block is bypassed.

Update: got it to work! Thanks Moke for the S/R blocks tip, that did the trick! And thanks my fellow fender man too for the step by step on how to set both blocks up!

I use the wah and vol on the same expression pedal using the same modifier. I assigned a Control switch for both the vol pedal bypass and wah. So when I press the one control switch it'll bypass the vol with the volume on 10 and unbypass the wah.

Back
Top Bottom