WAH problem at gig?

Jamme1961

Inspired
on my marshall preset I hit the wah pedal accidently and once it went on it wouldn't go off - even after changing the preset and going back it remained on? I am using the EV2 pedal and have used this configuration for many gigs with no troubles. Now at home the wah works fine again? Could this be a power issue? this was an outdoor gig but the power was from the pole not a generator?

EV2 FM9 turbo into EV FRFR

Last edited:
I've had this happen before at a gig. Ended up being bad power. Not an issue with my equipment.
Everything power wise was running off the same extension cord - pa- amps-fans - maybe this was my problem - anything inexpensive I could buy to protect my FM9?

on my marshall preset I hit the wah pedal accidently and once it went on it wouldn't go off - even after changing the preset and going back it remained on? I am using the EV2 pedal and have used this configuration for many gigs with no troubles. Now at home the wah works fine again? Could this be a power issue? this was an outdoor gig but the power was from the pole not a generator?

EV2 FM9 turbo into EV FRFR

Set the "off" value to a higher percentage number if you're (I'm assuming) using auto engage. It's 5%by default. If you're concerned this could happen at a gig, practice a couple times menu diving to get there right away and turn it up.

Also, unplug the cable and reload the preset on the fly live if it pops on. Make sure the PC reset is on and save the preset with the wah off

Back
Top Bottom