Wah pedal stays on when unplugged

dieter

Inspired
Just wondering if that’s a normal behaviour. If I unplug my wah pedal which is on auto engage
The wah block will switch to on
To disengage the wah I have to switch presets forth and back
That applies to factory presets as well as to my own ones.
Cheers

Try setting the modifier PC Reset to ON and save the preset with the Wah off.

OP probably has a "SPD" style autoengage type or PC Reset enabled already, which would both keep the wah bypassed (if stored that way) when reloading the preset.

If the issue is just wah engaging on the current preset when unplugging the pedal, there's no workaround for that aside from switching presets or making toe-down the "off" zone.

If the issue is just wah engaging on the current preset when unplugging the pedal, there's no workaround for that aside from switching presets or making toe-down the "off" zone.
Even using toe-down just now I couldn't get this to work without having to switch presets if I was using the pedal port on the back of the FM3. I think it pulls high, but not >95% high, when you disconnect the pedal, so it doesn't trigger the toe-down position setting to fire.

Changing presets is really the only way after you pull an expression pedal, live, to get it all to sync up.

Thx guys
@unix-guy I tried that but didn’t make any difference
As soon as I unplug the wha or switch off and on the FM3 without a pedal connected, the wah block is engaged and only turns off when I switch to another preset. From then on it works as expected. Wah stays off
@Bakerman, yes I do have spd Autoengage
If that’s a normal behaviour I can live with that, switching presets.
Just wanted to make sure that it is not a bug.

Unplugging while on I would expect... But not this.
Just checked my Axe fx 3 with factory preset 2 65 bassguy no pedal attached against the same preset in my Fm3
It behaves as it should meaning the wah block defaults to off with no pedal attached In the AxeFx3
In the Fm3 the wah block defaults to on
So it might be a bug I guess
Cheers

Further observation
If I turn the initial value of external 1 to 100%
In axe fx3 the wah block gets engaged as expected turning it back to 0% disengage it
Doing the same thing in Fm3 does nothing
Cheers

Just checked my Axe fx 3 with factory preset 2 65 bassguy no pedal attached against the same preset in my Fm3
It behaves as it should meaning the wah block defaults to off with no pedal attached In the AxeFx3
In the Fm3 the wah block defaults to on
So it might be a bug I guess
Cheers
Do you use the pedal jack on the Axe3 or an FC or other controller?

do you use the pedal jack on the FM3 or an FC or other controller?

I do have the fc6 a volume pedal and wah pedal which I normally use
But sometime I just play the Fm3 or the axe fx 3 with nothing connected
And it seems the Fm3 acts differently
No pedal connected at the moment
If I connect the wha pedal it works as expected

Is your wah control modifier source "External Control 1", with Ext Ctrl 1 being set to the pedal port you're using at the MIDI/Remote: External page?

Once configured that way, try setting Ext Ctrl 1's init. value to 100%. Reboot the FM3 and see if the wah is bypassed on the first preset.

I set the the source on the modifier page to
Pedal 1 exp/sw tip
And set it in the Fm3 midi remote external to the same
External1 set to 100% and saved
Rebooted, still wah block is engaged and does only change back to normal whenI change preset

I meet this problem with axe fx2; if the pedal accidentally unplug from my LG2 with the wah on. When replugging it works flawless instantly.

Had the same issue/question. This is what I was told.

saved in BYPASSED state with Auto-engage enabled at Med-Spd. If you pulled External 1 (EXP pedal) then the wah will not be engaged.

Back
Top Bottom