Wah help

I always use the clyde wah... sounds good with high gain or low gain.

Question for the guys using auto engage... Are you using "slow spd" to turn it on and off? The only issue is when you want to leave the wah "cocked" on the heel side, and it will turn off the wah. Is there a better way?

I always use the clyde wah... sounds good with high gain or low gain.

Question for the guys using auto engage... Are you using "slow spd" to turn it on and off? The only issue is when you want to leave the wah "cocked" on the heel side, and it will turn off the wah. Is there a better way?
I've been thinking about this myself. I kind of want to get a mission engineering pedal but I'm wondering if it's the only solution.

Clyde type or Morley works well. Personally I think that decreasing Max Freq makes it cut much better through the mix.

Anyone have a way to extend the auto engage time from turning off when you "cock" the wah to the heel side for a few seconds?

Anyone have a way to extend the auto engage time from turning off when you "cock" the wah to the heel side for a few seconds?

Simeon IIRC and some others park the wah in the toe down position, so heel down would still be on. It also keeps the wah from accidently being turned on by bumping the pedal.

Yeah set the OFF VAL parameter of the modifier to 95% and then your pedal will have to be at toe down to turn off the wah, more like a traditional wah with a toe switch. The default of 5% turns it off at the heel down position, like wahs with spring loaded pedals.

Another option if you prefer heel down bypass is to lower the FMIN parameter of the Wah to extend the range of the wah sweep down lower. That will let you leave the pedal just above the 5% spot so it stays on, yet you can still reach the same spot at the bottom of the wah sweep.

I've set up the wah to auto-engage and off toe down. Two issues:

1. Is there any way to have the wah set globally? Is this an issue of not having global blocks in the AX8?
2. The wah is set to go off at 95%, but no matter what value I have it, the wah takes a little under a second to actually turn off at toe down. Any ideas? I'm using a Roland EV-5.

I've set up the wah to auto-engage and off toe down. Two issues:

1. Is there any way to have the wah set globally? Is this an issue of not having global blocks in the AX8?
2. The wah is set to go off at 95%, but no matter what value I have it, the wah takes a little under a second to actually turn off at toe down. Any ideas? I'm using a Roland EV-5.
no you must add the wah to each preset where you want it in the grid. you can use the Copy/Paste functions or Block Library in EDIT to make this much easier.

change the Auto-Engage type to Fast position to make it turn off fast once it's at the off area.

Thanks Chris. Forgot about The Block library.
I didn't mention that a global block - like the Axe-Fx II has - would only synchronize changes if any were made to linked Wah blocks. It wouldn't place a block in every preset automatically. So that is the best way to do it in general.

Having a few universal blocks that are always in every preset is something on my wish list. It would be awesome to have a default/custom patch that you can use as a template. I know I could use Axe-edit to do that, but a wah, like a noise gate, should be part of the input block unless removed by the user.

Back
Top Bottom