Wah GCP and Ernie Ball as expression pedal

pamisano

Inspired
I have an Axe Fx Ultra and GCP. I have an Ernie Ball volume pedal plugged in to Pedal 1 in the GCP via a stereo Y cable, tip to output and ring to input.. I have Pedal 1 turned on in the gcp and sending midi CC#7. In the Axe Fx I have CC#7 assigned to external pedal 1 and external pedal 1 assigned to the wah source.

My dilemma is that there is about an inch of through in the wah. The pedal doesn't activate the way until it is past half way down. I have tried adjusting just about everything I can think of with no remedy.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

any and all assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

Pete

I had the same setup, try swapping the cables going into the EB pedal. That may give you more range. typically my settings with my EB pedal were min 0, mid around 91.7, max 100, adjust slope so that there is still some upwards curve from mid to max...there is still a lot of travel in the 75% toe down range, but I learned to deal with it. but still a pain in the ass.

So would a different expression pedal work better?

I've got this same problem with my Ernie Ball Volume pedal.... 50% of the movement does nothing.

I think you need a pedal with a linear pot... which is what you get in an expression pedal.

Back
Top Bottom