Wah defaults to on instead of autoengage on powerup (FW 18)

jsl2h

Inspired
This has been happening ever since the release of 18b, in several presets where i have a wah pedal set up to autoengage with my mission pedal I've noticed the wah block is defaulted to on. So whenever I power up my axe, as soon as I play I hear the unexpected sound of a wah even when my pedal is disconnected and I have the block set to auto. I've tried numerous times turning the block off and saving the preset but no matter what, when I power up the axe the block is back to "on." Anyone else experiencing this?

Under the Modifier menu there is a PC RST setting, it's stands for "Reset on preset change". Try to turn it ON. That way wherever you change preset (or turn on your Axe) the modifier control will be set to 0, regardless of the current expression pedal position.

What is the expression pedal connected to?

Does this occur only with pedal disconnected, or also when connected?

Which autoengage option and off value are you using?

I'm not noticing anything different from FW17. With answers to the questions above I think it will be possible to find a solution.

there is also a setting in I/O menu to set the start up % off the external controls they can be set to start at toe up or toe down to work with auto engage.

What is the expression pedal connected to?

Does this occur only with pedal disconnected, or also when connected?

Which autoengage option and off value are you using?

I'm not noticing anything different from FW17. With answers to the questions above I think it will be possible to find a solution.
Both connected and disconnected, which leads me to rule out the notion of a bad cable. It's going from trs cable straight into my axe II in the pedal jack. Autoengage value is set to external 1, medium speed, and normally PC RST is off. I just switched it to on to see if that helps.

At the I/O: MIDI page set External 1 Init. Value to 100%. This should prevent the engaging with no pedal/cable, or pedal at 100%. Pedal set midway can still engage the block and there's no way to avoid that.

If you sometimes use "position" autoengage type, also enable PC RST. This isn't necessary for SPD type.

Back
Top Bottom