Bug? Wah autoengage pop sound

Hi guys!
I just updated to recent firmware and faced the issue - wah auto engaging and disengaging producing loud pop noise. The only thing I've done except firmware update was connection to midi in the Morningstar FX controller. I'm using M-audio expression pedal and before update it works flawlessly. I checked with another M-audio pedal and issue is the same, so it is not pedal malfunction. The preset is the same.
Does anyone faced same issue? Any recommendation to fix?

Thanks for that, but I posted in AX8 forum therefore wiki advice is not valid for my case as I understood it is written for AX FX II

WIKI Quote:
Thump when engaging the Wah
Fractal Audio:
(answering a question about hearing a thump when auto-engaging a wah): "The thump isn't the wah, it's the Input Impedance changing. If your preset is set to Auto for the Input Z, when you engage the wah the impedance switches. This causes a slight thump if you are playing since the load on your guitar changes. If you want to avoid this, turn Input Impedance to 1M OHM." source
"Set the Input-Z on the preset to 1M rather than Auto. The reason the Wah engages abruptly is because it switches the input impedance. Setting Input-Z to 1M overrides the impedance switch (and, frankly, sounds better IMO)." source
The AX8's Input Impedance is fixed at 1 MOhm (not adjustable).
End of Quote

Unless latest firmware update changed this parameter for AX8 input

Hi guys!
I just updated to recent firmware and faced the issue - wah auto engaging and disengaging producing loud pop noise. The only thing I've done except firmware update was connection to midi in the Morningstar FX controller. I'm using M-audio expression pedal and before update it works flawlessly. I checked with another M-audio pedal and issue is the same, so it is not pedal malfunction. The preset is the same.
Does anyone faced same issue? Any recommendation to fix?
can you attach a preset? am not having that problem on 8.02

can you attach a preset? am not having that problem on 8.02
IMG_0022.JPG
Here is it: three presets attached. Overdrive (I call it crunch), heavy and clean. If you look inside they all similar. Three videos - clean is fine with wah engagement, heavier ones producing loud pop noice. On photo all connected to AX8. Guitar is GJ2. Please pay attention that I'm not using cab sim as I use external one.
Additional switches (boss) used for solo launch (ext 4) increase level of boost and second eq and spaceous sound launch (ext 3) by increasing mix of multi delay.
As I recognised pop is louder if input signal is louder, so then a string still singing but attack is gone the pop sound is quieter.
Videos:
Clean
OD
Heavy

Attachments

• GJ2 Nu'R MAY17 CLEAN.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • GJ2 Nu'R MAY17 CRUNCH.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
  • GJ2 Nu'R MAY17 HEAVY.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: