Wah Auto-Engage

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I have a wah in a couple of my Presets that is set to auto-engage. It works perfectly. I have one expression pedal connected to pedal jack 1 (wah) and a second connected to pedal jack 2 (volume pedal). Why is it that if I am in a preset that has a wah in it and I unplug the pedal from jack 1 the indicator for the wah goes on and it sounds like I'm playing with a fully cocked wah?

I think this has something to do with the PC Reset settings. Do a forum search on that, I think you may find the answer. Seems I just read something similar recently.

I do not have an fx8 but with the axe fx there is a setting in the I/O menu for a starting value for the external controls that needs to be set for 0 or 100% to give you the state of modifier you want when there is no exp conection.

Last edited:
Assuming it works similar to the Axe Fx then it is because it doesn't know what the value should be... And so it is defaulting to a value that engages it.

Somewhere in the menus is a value for the defaults, I think under I/O -> MIDI on the Axe Fx.

Back
Top Bottom