wah and whammy . doing it with one pedal?

adildo

Inspired
hey guys i only have one sp-1 and ive been trying to program the pedal to use as a wah and then whammy after pressing down the switch. havent had any luck and have watched a few tutorial videos already. if anyone could help with this please let me know. need to use it for a show this week thanks!

Put the Wah in the main row.
Split the path just before the Wah, put the Pitch in the parallel row, and merge the rows again.
Set both blocks to Auto-Engage.
Assign the BYPASS parameter in the Wah and the Pitch block to the same external controller.
Also make sure that in both blocks BYPASS is set to MUTE.
In one block set Min and Max in the modifier menu to 0% and 100%, and in the other to 100% and 0%.
On your foot controller assign a toggle switch to the external controller's CC.

Put the Wah in the main row.
Split the path just before the Wah, put the Pitch in the parallel row, and merge the rows again.
Assign the BYPASS parameter in the Wah and the Pitch block to the same external controller.
Also make sure that in both blocks BYPASS is set to MUTE.
In one block set Min and Max in the modifier menu to 0% and 100%, and in the other to 100% and 0%.
On your foot controller assign a toggle switch to the external controller's CC.

If the Wah Block had a mix parameter this would be a lot simpler. I wish they would just put one on there.

Anyway, You could out them in different rows (parallel) and then feed them into a Mixer Block and control it with a scene controller. That would work.

Do you need them to both work on the same preset? If not, then just have the same CC.

See: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2317

This uses scenes but you'll see the idea. Scene 1-4 are wah, scene 5 is whammy. All controlled by one external controller. The wah and whammy are both auto-engaged. Just switch the X/Y block state switching from the scenes to another external tied to your toe switch.

See also: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/72486-axe-fest-ii-18.html#post929309 -- where I show you how to control up to 8 different parameters with one expression pedal.

Last edited:

As you'll probably remember, the problem here is bypass modifiers prevent auto-engage from working.

One of several solutions:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...y-autoengage-different-scenes.html#post792066

A mixer after the 2 effects also works. Or the no-extra-blocks method: set one effect to mute bypass, the other thru, make switch control their balances oppositely. Then set amp (and any drive along the way) input select to one side only, not sum L+R.

You're right. I've been using the Mixer method myself for more than a year. I tried to remember yesterday why I used the Mixer but couldn't, so I left it out. :)

Last edited:
thanks guys. now the next question... how do i set up scenes? i dont have much time because the show is on sunday! i just found out that i need these.

You can design each scene by setting what you want eg bypass and x y states, on the layout page on the front panel, turning knob A to cycle through each scene. The state of each bypass or x y is temporarily store with in the scene and can be committed to the preset by storing the preset. Also if you have scene revert turned off then you can configure the scenes on a mfc by setting each block as you want it whilst cycling through the scenes. Still remember to hit store on the front panel.

Regards,

awesome got scenes to work. what have i been missing out on just started using these! and followed the youtube tutorials. its amazing! lol i sound so retarded. what are x/y states .NMG ?

Another solution, and what I ended up doing, was just keep an eye on the Mission site for B stocks, I got a EP1, spring loaded, for something like $88, and then picked up another via Ebay for $75. For one thing, I love wah/whammy with the spring feature, so cool how it just turns on/off with auto engage and doesn't require clicking a switch etc. Second, while you can program one pedal to do multiple things, as illustrated in the above post, it makes life a little simpler not having to keep track of what scene does what pedal etc. Just have two pedals and know that the right one is always your wah, know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom