FM3 Voyage - Original Tune - JMP1 - AC15 - Mark 4 Goodies

This is excellent. Love the writing/playing/innovation/mix.
What guitar did you use?

Last edited:
This is excellent. Love the writing/playing/innovation/mix.
What guitar did you use?
Thanks man well I ended up using most of my guitars on this
Squire 50s strat for cleans
Steinberger for the lead parts
Explorer for the distorted chords in 2nd verse and the clean echo part

It worked out well I think using the different guitars you end up with a richer tonal vibe

Man that is superb! Mix is perfect. Love the way you build up the clean echo part. How was the bass done? Sounds real.

Last edited:
Thanks man for the kind comments
Bass was eurobass II with a bit of L1 limiter
I had a feeling it was probably a virtual plugin, but it really sounds great. I have few bass plugins and see the eurobass II is designed as a metal tone, but like way you use it here. I may have to look into adding it to my plugins.

I like how so much of this mix is "upfront" with "presence." I wished I could mix (and play) like you! Some of your guitars don't quite sound so hard-panned 100% left or right. Just an excellent job all around.

I like how so much of this mix is "upfront" with "presence." I wished I could mix (and play) like you! Some of your guitars don't quite sound so hard-panned 100% left or right. Just an excellent job all around.
Cheers Jeff
Well that's very kind of you to say so , I did spend a bit of time on the Mix , drums mainly (Drumforge) trying to get the right balance
Used my trusty EVH (Balance) patch on one of the rhythm guitars in the 2nd verse - Dual detune for stereo
All mixed into my mastering chain of > UAD ManleyVari Mu > TC Powercore MD3

Cheers Jeff
Well that's very kind of you to say so , I did spend a bit of time on the Mix , drums mainly (Drumforge) trying to get the right balance
Used my trusty EVH (Balance) patch on one of the rhythm guitars in the 2nd verse - Dual detune for stereo
All mixed into my mastering chain of > UAD ManleyVari Mu > TC Powercore MD3
Thanks for the detailed info - I appreciate it. When you use the dual detune from your EVH/Balance patch, how many cents do you detune? Just curious.

I'm really liking this tune, very catchy indeed. Great tones used. I really need to tap into this side of my FM3 more and start writing my own stuff again. Very good work. There is a nice bit of space to stick a lead solo towards the end, I'm always a sucker for a solo hehe.
I am a big Steinberger fan, would love to know what model you have?

I'm really liking this tune, very catchy indeed. Great tones used. I really need to tap into this side of my FM3 more and start writing my own stuff again. Very good work. There is a nice bit of space to stick a lead solo towards the end, I'm always a sucker for a solo hehe.
I am a big Steinberger fan, would love to know what model you have?
Thanks very much for the comments man !!
Well my Steinberger is just the standard Spirit model but it sounds great recorded, stock pickups are really good

Hello, congratulations for this beautiful theme.
Do you have these sounds in a preset to share?
greetings, for my taste it is a great composition.
This theme transports you to Cala Galdana, Ciudadela, and to that unique color of the sea on that island.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom