Vox and Marshall Side by Side Comparison with the Axe II

MKeditor

Experienced
I few days ago I had the opportunity to do a side by side comparison with my new black box and a Vox AC-30 and a 50W Marshall ( I think it was a mkII that was basically the same as a plexi). I wanted to dial in these patches using real world amps. We were able to get the Vox patch scary close. The plexi is an interesting animal. My only previous experience with one was many moons ago and even then it was only for a few minutes. I was surprised to find that the normal channel was very woofy and muffled and the treble channel a bit thin. Now I understand why the Axe II's plexi patches sound that way. You really need both channels to make the amp sound like what it is famous for. I will have to try a patch with both amps. We didn't get that close to matching the Marshall but that was fine. It wasn't a tone that I was interested in as it was. I like Marshalls to sound a bit beefier...if that makes sense. If any one is interested I will try and post the Vox patch. My friend was very impressed with the Axe II and is considering one to take on the road.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Axe_Vox_Plexi.jpg
    Axe_Vox_Plexi.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 106
Are you using the 2 or 1? I like vox :) for some reason after I got my axe, I appreciate other amps that don't go chugga chugga medley djent breow a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom