Voodoo Labs GCP with Axe-fx Problem

Andrew972

Hey Everyone,
So I have 2 unique problems here. I'm trying to power my GCP through the Axe. I know to do this I need to stick the power supply for the GCP into the back of the Axe and then have a 7-pin midi cable. The thing I'm curious about is when I do this and the Axe is turned off, power is still being transmitted through the midi and my GCP will be powered on while the Axe is turned off. From the video's I've seen, it looks like when the Axe is turned off no power should be going through the midi cable to my GCP. Any thoughts?

The second problem is similar. When I have the GCp power supply plugged into the back of my Axe and I turn on the Axe. The Axe will freeze during start up. Anyone run into these problem before of have a solution? I have the latest firmware, 10.3, for the Axe. Not sure what the GCP is at

My GCP is constantly powered by the Axe whether on or off. I presumed this is because it is simply not using any electronics and is just connecting from the socket to the power pins of the 7 pin midi.

I've not had any freezing problems though

Ya i had a feeling the connection is just direct instead of going through any electronics, The demo video showed them both off and then when the guy powered on his Axe the GCP came online. So thats why i was wondering about that. The freezing problem, I don't know whats going on. Cause it only happens sometimes and only when the power supply is plugged into the back of the Axe. Might just have to work around that.

Back
Top Bottom