Voodoo lab GCP Naming presets and ia button question

Conflict

Inspired
Ok i have followed all the vids on you tube and kind of get it all now, however I can not work out how to name each preset to the same as the axe fx and its doing my head in!
Also when doing a patch laid out like, drive-amp-delay-reverb-chorus how can i make it so the chorus button is on 1 the delay on 2 the reverb on 3 etc for all patches, do I have to add those blocks on every patch i do from now on? If so how can i set them to off when the gcp is pressed to change patch but then IA to turn them on and off on each patch?

Thanks so much you guys are bloody awesome!

As for your IA buttons, you need to watch and carefully follow the steps in this video:

As for renaming your presets, select your preset, hold down the "Edit" button on the (top right), then press "band down" button (bottom right) until you scroll to the preset name on the GCP. Rename it using the 1, 2, 3, & 4 buttons along the bottom row:
Voodoo-lab-Ground-control-Pro.jpg

I have watched this video and its all done, what i am asking is on the axe fx when i set up the blocks do i need to include all the effects in that patch that i want to be footswitchable on the ia buttons or will the GCP just access them on the fly regardless what patch i am on etc....

Yes, you need to have those FX in the preset. Add them and set them up how you want, engaged or bypassed when you select the preset. In other words, save the preset with the effects how you want them to be whenever you turn that preset on. Then when you assign your IA to perform on/off for that preset's effect, it will engage/shut off without changing the preset, only the effect. Assign the IA to the CC# that controls that effect (a list is in the manual and wiki, besides being in the Axe itself).

It won't matter to the Axe Fx or GCP where you put the effect in the string (as long as it is a continuous string input to output, of course), so put them where they sound best. The easy way to see how this works is to just pull up any of the first 10 or so stock presets. You'll see they all have a compressor, chorus, rotary, etc that probably aren't engaged at loadup and a delay or reverb that probably is. If you assign an IA to those effects, you can turn them on/off like we are discussing here.

Back
Top Bottom