Voodoo Dingbat Pedalboards?

Doug Lewis

Inspired
I have an AX8 on the way and while shopping for a board I came across the Dingbat. Doing a search here there's only 1 thread where it's mentioned. Can anyone give me feedback on it's strength? The large (25-3/4" x 15-3/4") model seems to be about the perfect size what I'm mounting up and the padded case looks decent.

Would suggest you go for the Pedaltrain series. I've been using them for a while and they are great plus they can mount your power supply underneath very easily. I personally use the Pedaltrain 2 which is just slightly smaller than the size you mention but they also have larger sizes. They are more or less in the same price range also and if you are more likely to be found used if you want to go that route.

Would suggest you go for the Pedaltrain series. I've been using them for a while and they are great plus they can mount your power supply underneath very easily. I personally use the Pedaltrain 2 which is just slightly smaller than the size you mention but they also have larger sizes. They are more or less in the same price range also and if you are more likely to be found used if you want to go that route.

Thanks, I'm currently using a Pedaltrain 2 for my MFC and 2 mission pedals but need a little more room for this rig and to be honest I'm not happy with the bag. I agree the Pedaltrain board is a nice mix of strength and weight but looking for feedback on Voodoo to make an educated choice. Plus sometimes it's just nice to try something different :D

Thanks, I'm currently using a Pedaltrain 2 for my MFC and 2 mission pedals but need a little more room for this rig and to be honest I'm not happy with the bag. I agree the Pedaltrain board is a nice mix of strength and weight but looking for feedback on Voodoo to make an educated choice. Plus sometimes it's just nice to try something different :D

Yeah the bag is good but not really protective. I have a bag and a case for mine so the bag issued for local stuff and the case for road stuff. BTW have you looked at the SKB pedalboards? I have a larger one for my MFC setup and they are lighter and very protective. I took out the power supply inside as I didn't need it with the MFC getting power from the Axe FX IIXL+. Good luck on the search!!

I bought the medium one and sent it back because the case was not deep enough to accommodate the board with AX8 mounted on it. I could zip it shut but not comfortably so - the top of the case was tight enough that it was visibly pushing down on parts of the AX8 (FYI I have some Barefoot Buttons on the switches, but if I remember correctly the bar was visibly pushing up the top of the cover.) Deal breaker for me, otherwise I would've kept it. Can't speak to strength and durability since I never actually used it, but I wouldn't have had those type of concerns after seeing and handling it.

Thanks for the info! I’m looking at the smaller of the large versions. Not sure if that would make a difference on the height clearance or not. The padding is what I’m hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom