Volume Step Up / Step Down via Foot Switch??

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All,

Is there a way to do this? I would like to step my volume up via the footswitches.
So say I want F5 to step the volume up and F1 to step it down? Is there a way to do this?

Cheers, Mike

You can put a Null filter at the end of your preset chain. I do this and set it in the bypass state when the preset is called up. I assign the boost to the same footswitch (#4) in all my presets. I set the Null filter with the level up to about 3 or 4. When I need a boost, I just step on the footswitch to toggle it on. When I want to go back to normal volume I just step on it again to toggle it off. Easy peasy.

The only other way to do this would be in scenes but you lose a lot of flexibility and volume changes would be accompanied with slight dropouts. Filter, GEQ and PEQ blocks are your best bet! downside is you can't control volume incrementally like the Axe Fx does.

This thread goes over some of the details.

You can use MIDI CC#'s for volume increment and decrement, standard is no's 35 and 36. It will alter the volume with one dB and automatically save that in the preset. Very handy for preset levelling.

Marco

Marco,

I think that's more what I was asking. I would like to increment (or decrement) the volume with each press of a switch. So.... can I assign a midi value to the footswitch, say CC#35 to F5 and cc#36 to F1?

Thanks for everyone's help!

I don't think you can do this w/ the onboard IA switches (?)... you have to use an external footswitch like the Boss FS-6.

Back
Top Bottom