Bug? Volume spike when switching to the clean in Petrucci presets 6.00 beta

BryanO

Hey, just wanted to share a bug I came across in the new beta 6.00. Preset 083 - Petrucci Rig FM9 - Scene 6 - The Miracle & the Clean has a large volume spike. This also occurs in Preset 386 - Petrucci Rig in the Room - Scene 3 of the same name. 083 has Pedal Compressor 1 with a +4dB level, and 386 has Dynamicomp compressor with a +6.81dB level. They both switch to USA JP IIC+ Green with a higher level setting than other amp channels. The exception is Scene 7 - Beyond this Flanger in preset 083, which also uses the same compressor and amp, and also has the volume spike. Not sure which block or setting, or if that's the issue at all, just my observation.

As for the 'Petrucci Rig FM9' preset. I loaded up the latest version available on the Fractal site (FW 3.00). Some things have obviously changed since then, so there will likely be tweaks needed.

Scenes 6, 7, and 8 are using channel 'A' of the Amp block, the 'USA JP IIC+ GREEN' model. The Comp is also (only) active on those same three clean scenes. Those three scenes are clipping pretty hard for me. I would lower the Comp 'Level' parameter to around '0.00 dB'. Try setting that parameter to feel about the same volume when active or bypassed for your playing and pickup level. Then drop the 'Level' in the amp block (channel 'A') until you get a consistent level between the other 'dirty' rhythm scenes.

As for the 'Petrucci Rig in the Room' preset (#386), The Factory presets available on the Fractal site only go up to 384?

As for the 'Petrucci Rig FM9' preset. I loaded up the latest version available on the Fractal site (FW 3.00). Some things have obviously changed since then, so there will likely be tweaks needed.

Scenes 6, 7, and 8 are using channel 'A' of the Amp block, the 'USA JP IIC+ GREEN' model. The Comp is also (only) active on those same three clean scenes. Those three scenes are clipping pretty hard for me. I would lower the Comp 'Level' parameter to around '0.00 dB'. Try setting that parameter to feel about the same volume when active or bypassed for your playing and pickup level. Then drop the 'Level' in the amp block (channel 'A') until you get a consistent level between the other 'dirty' rhythm scenes.

As for the 'Petrucci Rig in the Room' preset (#386), The Factory presets available on the Fractal site only go up to 384?
I may have moved that one as I have several versions lol. It is one of my favorites and I use it often so the change was obvious. I'll adjust accordingly. Appreciate the feedback Moke!

Back
Top Bottom