Volume pedal

Gipi74

Is there a way to make the ev2 pedal used as a volume pedal act on the general volume of the fm3 and not on the preset volume. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1683454081179.png
    1683454081179.png
    312 bytes · Views: 6
Manual page 11:
GLOBAL VOLUME SETUP
The FM3 allows global remote control of the volume at any input or output via a pedal or MIDI CC of your choice.
To set up a pedal for global volume, follow the instructions below. Be careful that you don’t accidentally assign
the same pedal to both Volume and an External Controller as described above!
First you’ll need to decide which global volume option you prefer:
Input volume affects gain/distortion and the behavior of level-dependent blocks like the compressor or gate.
Output volume does not affect gain or level-dependent blocks, but
scales everything you hear including effect tails.
To set Global Volume:
1. From the Home page, open SETUP: MIDI/Remote: Other.
2. NAV to the entry for whichever volume you want to control: Input 1 or 2, or Output 1 or 2.
3. Turn the A or VALUE knob to assign a controller to your selected entry.
Select “PEDAL 1 (EXP/SW TIP)” for the onboard Pedal jack (or #2 if you are using that one)
4. Test and EXIT when finished.

Manual page 11:
GLOBAL VOLUME SETUP
The FM3 allows global remote control of the volume at any input or output via a pedal or MIDI CC of your choice.
To set up a pedal for global volume, follow the instructions below. Be careful that you don’t accidentally assign
the same pedal to both Volume and an External Controller as described above!
First you’ll need to decide which global volume option you prefer:
Input volume affects gain/distortion and the behavior of level-dependent blocks like the compressor or gate.
Output volume does not affect gain or level-dependent blocks, but
scales everything you hear including effect tails.
To set Global Volume:
1. From the Home page, open SETUP: MIDI/Remote: Other.
2. NAV to the entry for whichever volume you want to control: Input 1 or 2, or Output 1 or 2.
3. Turn the A or VALUE knob to assign a controller to your selected entry.
Select “PEDAL 1 (EXP/SW TIP)” for the onboard Pedal jack (or #2 if you are using that one)
4. Test and EXIT when finished.
Thank you very much!!!

Have the pedal and ready to do this for Global Output 1. Can you set the range? Want to do fairly subtle changes during performance when playing with tracks. TIA

Unfortunately it seems that the pedal has no effect on volume till the half of its range. After that point the volume increases very fast. Don't know what I'm doing wrong....but i calibrated it.... I hope there's a solution for that...

Have the pedal and ready to do this for Global Output 1. Can you set the range? Want to do fairly subtle changes during performance when playing with tracks. TIA
Not when used globally... If you want to limit it then you need to add a Volume block to each preset and adjust as needed.

Unfortunately it seems that the pedal has no effect on volume till the half of its range. After that point the volume increases very fast. Don't know what I'm doing wrong....but i calibrated it.... I hope there's a solution for that...
You need to make sure you're using a TRS cable and plugged into the expression jack.

You need to make sure you're using a TRS cable and plugged into the expression jack.
I use the cable that came with the ev2 but i didn't know i had to plug it into the expression jack. I've plugged it in volume out jack. Is that wrong?

I use the cable that came with the ev2 but i didn't know i had to plug it into the expression jack. I've plugged it in volume out jack. Is that wrong?
Yes... Otherwise I wouldn't have said that :)

The volume jacks are for using the pedal as an analog volume pedal, not as an expression pedal.

It’ll kinda work but it is not nearly as flexible as an expression pedal into a pedal jack.

The advantage to using an expression pedal is it can be used to control many different parameters of a block, not just the volume of the preset or the entire modeler. For instance, in one scene it could control a VolPan block, in another it could be a Wah, another could control the feedback or speed of a Delay, or the mix of a Reverb block.

See p. 10 in the manual for more information, then p. 63 for an important aspect of defining the pedal, then backup to p. 61 for how to use it with modifiers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom