VOLUME PEDAL PLACEMENT PROBLEM

ATR1

Inspired
Setting up new preset. Chain is all serial 5 blocks pre/4post. I cannot seam to get my volume pedal to work. Only when I switch to 2 pre/6 post does my volume pedal work whats wrong? In I/O control page I have pedal 2 set in all 4 volume ports still nothing?

Still not working? Need help.

Last edited:
Setting up new preset. Chain is all serial 5 blocks pre/4post. I cannot seam to get my volume pedal to work. Only when I switch to 2 pre/6 post does my volume pedal work whats wrong? In I/O control page I have pedal 2 set in all 4 volume ports still nothing?

Presuming you're using the global volume, try selecting only one location for your pedal and return the others to their default setting.

Last edited:

The question I should have asked first is are you hearing anything and not able to control it or are you not hearing anything at all? Also, did I misinterpret the last part of your question: You already tried the volume separately in all 4 locations?

Yes. Global. I have tried to place pedal in all or just one each position of volume in I/O control. I hear everything, pedal does nothing. In one of my presets it works fine? I typically place pedal2 in global post in and post out. It does not kill sound completely but very low. I tried check all my setting. I tried rebooting. I am puzzled.

I think my unit is bugging out! Now when I have any effect on I get no sound. When I turn off effect I get sound? This is happening in all presets including the ones that came with the unit.

After your parameter reset, were you on a preset with any active effects? Did you place your volume pedal back into it's normal location after doing the reset? Try using an empty preset and see if you get any sound. Without seeing your presets it's hard to troubleshoot without asking a lot of questions.

Unplug your expression pedal. turn it off. turn it on. do you get sound now?

what pedal are you using?

After resetting system parameters and rebooting unit 2 more time. Pedal works but for some reason I lost some volume on a preset. These pedals have been an issue setting up for my units since day 1 for some reason. After doing anything with them I have to reboot before they take place.

After resetting system parameters and rebooting unit 2 more time. Pedal works but for some reason I lost some volume on a preset. These pedals have been an issue setting up for my units since day 1 for some reason. After doing anything with them I have to reboot before they take place.
Just out of curiosity what pedals are you using and what type of cable are you using to connect them?

The volume pedal is the one thing I keep out of the grid. Guitar>volume pedal>AxefxII. I never could get a natural sweep unless I just use the volume pedal as its intended...

My Fractal EV-1 isn't working after the new update (3.01). I have it connected to Pedal 2 and setup in the i/o setup page - in 2 (post) Volume - Pedal 2. I also have External 2 set up as Pedal 2. What am I doing wrong?

I forgot to mention I did a parameter reset, re-started the unit and re-assign the pedal again. What I just noticed is that the overall fx mix is what is being controlled instead of the volume. I can't figure out what is going on? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Here are 2 of the many presets that the volume isn't working. You'll notice specially on the Swells preset how the volume only controls the FX mix only. When the Vol pedal is in the heel position you can still here the guitar, however, the guitar sound is completely dry, no fx.

Thank you for working on this with me. I truly appreciate it.

Update:

Ok, so after trying to figure out all day what was going on I found out the issue. The problem was that the Stereo FX Loop of my kemper had a default value of 50%.

Attachments

• LR Classic 8 FXs.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Swells.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom