Volume pedal before AX8 or as an expression with volume block?

There is a global volume control function in the AX8 that does not require use of a volume block. You use an expression pedal in one of the pedal inputs and you can assign to input volume , out1 volume, or out2 volume. See page 85 of the AX8 users guide.
Hi, Just purchased a used AX8 and trying to setup the Global volume setting . Do u mean AX8 users guide or AX8 manual? Page 85 talks about something
There is a global volume control function in the AX8 that does not require use of a volume block. You use an expression pedal in one of the pedal inputs and you can assign to input volume , out1 volume, or out2 volume. See page 85 of the AX8 users guide.
Hi I recently got a used AX8 and cant get the global volume pedal set up working. Do u mean AX8 users guide or AX8 manual? Nothing on pg 85 regarding set up of global volume pedal. Any help setting up global volume pedal would be helpful. I have a mission SP1 wah/volume pedal. When I set it up it was engaging the wah rather than the volume. I followed instructions in the Ax8 manual for global settings set up.

When I set it up it was engaging the wah rather than the volume.
that means the Pedal jack you're using is set to control External Controller 1 in the I/O>CTRL menu. make sure 2 items in that list don't say Pedal 1, just the one you want to use.

Thanks. Sorry to bother you. A completely different question. I use a preset called "1959 SLP". I simply deleted the Filter block and saved it and now all of a sudden there is no sound? Any idea what happened? I turned off the AX8 and restarted and the sound is not coming back. This is my favorite preset. Any idea what I may have done?

Thanks. Sorry to bother you. A completely different question. I use a preset called "1959 SLP". I simply deleted the Filter block and saved it and now all of a sudden there is no sound? Any idea what happened? I turned off the AX8 and restarted and the sound is not coming back. This is my favorite preset. Any idea what I may have done?
Did you put a shunt to keep the connection going?

Not sure what a shunt is? Sorry I am a newbie. I ended up importing back it from back up. A lot of times I notice AXEDIT ends up freezing.

The layout grid is analogous to a real pedalboard. In that physical analogy, it seems what you did was, you grabbed your filter pedal, unplugged the patch cables on each side (In and Out), and set it aside so you could sell it on reverb.com. Now there are patch cables laying there, not connected to anything, so your sound dies there. You need to patch them together, and "shunt" does that. Right click on the block space where the Filter was, and choose "Shunt". That will establish a connection across that block.

Back
Top Bottom