Volume Minimums & Maximums

Loopback777

Inspired
I can't seem to find out how to set a volume minimum.

I'm using the MFC-101 with a couple of Mission pedals.

I know that the Axe FX assigns CC 10 for volume. CC 16 is External 1. How do I set a minimum for the volume pedal? If I don't assign a controller and place a Vol/Pan in the chain and then change the minimum there, it doesn't effect the volume on the pedal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi. Thanks for that. I was hoping to be able to control it within the Preset, rather than through the MFC. Quoting that page of the manual:

The range of an expression pedal-the minimum and maximum data values sent for the heel and toe positions-may be modified both globally or within an individual preset.
For maximum flexibility, Axe-Fx users will likely want to leave expression pedal range settings at full and instead map control relationships using the MODIFIER settings: START, MID, and END points, SLOPE, SCALE and OFFSET.

That's the way I want to do it (because I want to be able to move the presets around). The trouble is, if I simply put a Volume block in a preset, I have to pick a controller type and Volume Input is mapped to CC #11. There's no choice within the controllers for that. If I simply leave it at none and try to change a parameter, nothing happens (i.e., START at 50%). Do I have to change the volume input to another external controller in order to be able to do this? By the way, I'm new to MIDI so I apologize if this is really easy to figure out. If you do explain it, please keep it simple for me. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom