Volume issues in each scene

I've had the same problem. My solution was to assign one of my switches to a utility that increases the volume of the particular preset scene in use by 2 dBs and then saves the preset scene. As I play through the setlist at a gig, when I run into a preset that isn't cutting through the mix, I hit that footswitch, thereby increasing its volume by 2 dBs and saving it, and doing it again if necessary. By the end of the gig, all of the presets I used that night should be more or less balanced. See p. 10 in the Fractal Audio Footswitch Functions Guide. The utility is called "Scene Level & Save."

I've had the same problem. My solution was to assign one of my switches to a utility that increases the volume of the particular preset scene in use by 2 dBs and then saves the preset scene. As I play through the setlist at a gig, when I run into a preset that isn't cutting through the mix, I hit that footswitch, thereby increasing its volume by 2 dBs and saving it, and doing it again if necessary. By the end of the gig, all of the presets I used that night should be more or less balanced. See p. 10 in the Fractal Audio Footswitch Functions Guide. The utility is called "Scene Level & Save."
I do the same thing with the utility "Scene Level & Save." But often when I Switch to another scene before the saving is completed (I know I should wait but sometimes I forget to wait...) I find my FM9 completly blocked => all footswitch hit have no effect I have to turn it OFF/ON to recover... Does anyone already had the same problem ?
To me it's a bug.
It should never block like does...
I would expect the FM9 to ignore the scene switch until the saving is completed

How are you setting your volume for each scene? Are you using the scene controllers, scene levels, or different block channels?

Just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing, when you say your scene levels are different at a gig, do you mean they SOUND different, or the settings actually ARE different than at home? Are the level settings, the actual numbers showing on the unit, the same, or have they changed?

Those two situations have been different causes and solutions. It's important to be sure which one you're dealing with.

How are you setting your volume for each scene? Are you using the scene controllers, scene levels, or different block channels?
From the layout I have assigned the utility "Scene Level & Save" to a footswitch, it modify the scene level of the current scene in the output block.

Just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing, when you say your scene levels are different at a gig, do you mean they SOUND different, or the settings actually ARE different than at home? Are the level settings, the actual numbers showing on the unit, the same, or have they changed?

Those two situations have been different causes and solutions. It's important to be sure which one you're dealing with.
The settings are actually different, I increment or decrement the scene level by +/-1 or 2 db in the scene level of the output block

The settings are actually different, I increment or decrement the scene level by +/-1 or 2 db in the scene level of the output block
So you do that at home, and your scenes sound correctly leveled. Then you go to a gig, and they're not SOUNDING leveled any more, right?

I'm asking if you can write down the actual scene level settings, the numbers, when you think they're right, and see if those numbers have changed when you think it sounds wrong.

So you do that at home, and your scenes sound correctly leveled. Then you go to a gig, and they're not SOUNDING leveled any more, right?

I'm asking if you can write down the actual scene level settings, the numbers, when you think they're right, and see if those numbers have changed when you think it sounds wrong.
AT home I adjusted the amps levels so that all my scenes seemed correctly leveled with all scenes at 0db in the output block.
After the gig the Clean was still at 0db but the crunch rhythms were at -2db/-1db and the leads at -3db/-5db (I use only one preset 1 clean 3 rhythm 2 lead)... I Hope I've understood what you asked ...

But in fact this is not too much of a problem my use case is the follwing : For a given sound, I may need to use it at -2db for a song and 0db for another and start at -3db and finish at 0db in a third song
that's why I want to use the scene level & save feature

... the leveling of my scenes is not exactly my point ...
My point is that the "scene level & save" utility is unsafe ...

AT home I adjusted the amps levels so that all my scenes seemed correctly leveled with all scenes at 0db in the output block.
After the gig the Clean was still at 0db but the crunch rhythms were at -2db/-1db and the leads at -3db/-5db (I use only one preset 1 clean 3 rhythm 2 lead)... I Hope I've understood what you asked ...

But in fact this is not too much of a problem my use case is the follwing : For a given sound, I may need to use it at -2db for a song and 0db for another and start at -3db and finish at 0db in a third song
that's why I want to use the scene level & save feature

... the leveling of my scenes is not exactly my point ...
My point is that the "scene level & save" utility is unsafe ...
What do you mean by it's unsafe?
You adjusted some levels on the fly to fit certain songs, and now they're set to those levels, which don't suit other songs.
Nothing about that is unexpected, or what I'd call unsafe.

Or I'm just confused about what you mean and what you're trying to do.

Is the "Scene Level & Save" your preferred method? Have you tried Scene Controllers to adjust volume per scene?

What do you mean by it's unsafe?
You adjusted some levels on the fly to fit certain songs, and now they're set to those levels, which don't suit other songs.
Nothing about that is unexpected, or what I'd call unsafe.

Or I'm just confused about what you mean and what you're trying to do.
He is not complaining that the Preset Level & Save does not set the levels as he expects. His problem is that sometimes it locks up his FM9 (footswitches stop functioning) and he needs to reboot it to recover.

He is not complaining that the Preset Level & Save does not set the levels as he expects. His problem is that sometimes it locks up his FM9 (footswitches stop functioning) and he needs to reboot it to recover.
Ah. Apologies for my careless (non)reading of this thread. As you were.

Exactly this is my problem !
Does anyone already had the same issue ?
Dont you think it's a bug ?

Back
Top Bottom