Volume increase when I bypass delay in parallel..

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,

I'm running a delay and reverb in series with each other, but in parallel with my dry sound. When I bypass the delay I get a pretty big volume boost. I have the delay and reverb mix set for 100% and I am adjusting the output to taste. Any tips as to why this volume jump happens?

See my preset below. FWIW, I'm using a '96 MIM Strat w/ stock p/up's.

shotgunn

Attachments

• SRV-ish.syx
    2 KB · Views: 1
If you run two parallel signals into the output (or merge them into one before the output), their outputs are summed.

You have some options, but one simple way to accomplish this is increase the Level of the delay block so the perceived volume is equal to the bypassed volume. As a general rule, for the Delay block I increase the Level by 1 dB for every 10% of mix. For example, if delay mix = 25%, then Level = 2.5 dB. Adjust to taste.

Also, you will want to make sure Bypass Mode on your delay block is THRU so that the dry signal passes through. If you were to mute it, then you've basically cut one of the "wires" to your output, and there's only a single signal instead of two (and thus, it will result in a drop in volume).

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom