Volume Consistancy

I have managed to assemble a pretty decent collection of hard rock/metal tones through the generosity of the fractal community. However, the output volume varies quite a bit between them. There are several areas to adjust the volume of a preset. If I wanted to save the output volume for each preset, where is the proper place to do that.

Thanks!

I use a sound meter app for iOS on an old iPod Touch that is always on in my studio. And then I only adjust the AMP block Level control.

My term for the level in the output mixer.
i see. careful using that with others who aren't familiar. a more appropriate (but still not quite accurate) term might be "Scene Level", since that MAIN control affects the Level per Scene, not just per Preset.

also keep in mind that drastic differences in that MAIN control from Scene to Scene can cause audio pops or other unwanted sounds. if you use that control to make your Scene 1 +15dB for example, then switch to a Scene that is back a 0dB, there could be an unwanted sound as it changes quickly.

the MAIN control is best used for small adjustments between Scenes, but you can experiment to see the ranges.

i see. careful using that with others who aren't familiar. a more appropriate (but still not quite accurate) term might be "Scene Level", since that MAIN control affects the Level per Scene, not just per Preset.

also keep in mind that drastic differences in that MAIN control from Scene to Scene can cause audio pops or other unwanted sounds. if you use that control to make your Scene 1 +15dB for example, then switch to a Scene that is back a 0dB, there could be an unwanted sound as it changes quickly.

the MAIN control is best used for small adjustments between Scenes, but you can experiment to see the ranges.

Good point. Since the output mixer existed long before scenes I view it as just another preset level block/parameter that can changed per scene. A drastic 15dB volume changes anywhere in the chain is going to have a pretty dramatic effect. :)

Good point. Since the output mixer existed long before scenes I view it as just another preset level block/parameter that can changed per scene. A drastic 15dB volume changes anywhere in the chain is going to have a pretty dramatic effect. :)
yup yup, just clarifying for those who may be new and reading it. i've seen many presets from people asking for help, and they do have these drastic dB changes - typically using the MAIN slider ;) not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom