Volume Block vs. Input 1 of MFC

Gebella

Probably a fairly simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer in the posts -- Is there a difference between using a volume block vs. just using input no. 1 of the expression pedals on the MFC 101 (without a volume block), given that this input is already pre-set to regulate volume?

XP1 is set to adjust the overall volume, thus it's "post" or after all blocks. so if you have a nice delay or reverb ringing out, reducing XP1 at default setting will turn those down as well.

most people like to reduce the guitar volume but let the delay and reverb trails ring out. so then you'd need a Volume block placed in the layout where you want it, and use an External Controller (XP 2 is setup for External Controller 1 at default) on the Volume parameter in the Volume block. that's a mouthful, but make sense after you set it up the first time. my old video on expression pedals talks about all this:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2012/07/how-do-i-setup-expression-pedals-with-the-mfc-101/

I like my Volume controlled by the Input volume , you will still have delay and reverb tails. it will function like your guitar volume. So I edited the XP 1 cc# value to input volume not output volume.

I still can't get away from using the knob on guitar. An expression pedal may be more convenient in that ones hands are free but the volume knob on almost all my guitars is right there. :)

I still can't get away from using the knob on guitar. An expression pedal may be more convenient in that ones hands are free but the volume knob on almost all my guitars is right there. :)
Me to but it is hard to do volume swells while picking or tapping. also the input volume for me is easier then a buy pass of signal with the tuner to make guitar changes.

Back
Top Bottom