Vol Block - noise!

Vaiai

I got a Dunlop vol/exp pedal and it's great but I see now why it is best to have 2 pedals for the FX8/AX8!

Anyway - got it working and only got it plugged in using EXP option just now so using Vol Block on the FX8.

There's a lot of noise on gain channel scenes even with guitar vol off (but vol pedal up full). I have the preset as 3/5 and the Vol is position 3. I used to have my actual vol pedal first in my chain so it would be like rolling guitar volume back but now it is just rolling overall volume but not affecting gain. Delay trails keep going tho which is good.

Why am I getting so much noise and should I put it before the drive (i.e 1st in the chain) or after the amp as if it was in the loop?

I will be trying it but not had a chance to get set back up after rehearsal and gigging Sat so thought I'd see if I am thinking about it correctly.

Nobody? Did I answer my own question? :p
Setting it up tonight to take a look before gig tmrw so hopefully it will be simple.
If not I can just plug in as a normal vol pedal for this gig! Won't miss a wah :D

In the vol/pan block, do you have the expression pedal control the output level or the volume parameter ? If it is the first then you are boosting your input with 20 dB's when your exp. is at 100%. This can be the source of your noise...

In the vol/pan block, do you have the expression pedal control the output level or the volume parameter ? If it is the first then you are boosting your input with 20 dB's when your exp. is at 100%. This can be the source of your noise...

Oh, was not aware of that function - will check that.

Back
Top Bottom