Vol Block bypass in Global Menu

Would it be cool to have a Global Vol Block bypass option?

• Total voters

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
I've got a Vol Block in all my working presets. It's controlled by a MIDI CC pedal hooked up to my footcontroller.
When my footcontroller isn't plugged in, the Vol of the Vol Block(s) defaults to 0.
So if I'm working on the AFX w/o my footcontroller plugged in (like when I'm using SysEx Librarian or the Editor, or if I'm just practicing and don't feel like setting up the footcontroller), I have to manually bypass the Vol Block in each preset so that I can hear anything. And if I edit and write the edited preset I have to remember to un-bypass the Vol Block too.

So, unless there's already some way to globally defeat the Vol Block (or to have it default to full-on rather than full-off when the pedal isn't connected) I'm suggesting that it might be nice to have a Global Vol Block Bypass feature in the Global Menu pages.

It'd be similar to the Global Pwr Amp Bypass feature, but for the Vol Block.

I agree. Probably wishful thinking, but i would really appreciate this option for the same exact reason.

Other ways to accomplish this would be to:

1. Make it so that the default level for all Vol Blocks is 100% when no pedal data is present.
or
2. Add the audio 2 tapers (A and B) that the Vol Block has to the generic Controller window (along with Slope, Offset, etc.). That way we could use the Level parameter of, say a Cab Block, as a CC controlled vol pedal with the same level of sophistication as the dedicated Vol block.

I encounter the same thing when using the editor. There always seems to be at least one patch that I forgot to re-engage before saving.

Having the default be 100% would be great.

Couldn't you set it up with auto-engage? That would have it bypassed when the pedal is out. Better not put it heeldown at a gig then, it'll go full-on if you do. :D :shock:

I have set up a solo boost using the volume block and one IA on my FCB1010. Set the low volume at 74%. It's always on (at 74% of nominal level), and goes bypass when I boost it and lets all the tone through.

For me I'd rather have a global effects bin, and drop that bad boy in there... disable it in the global effects bin and it will disable it on everything.

So I'd have to say no...

I believe the current workaround is to set the whatever external controller you have set to control the volume to pedal1 instead of the cc number you usually use. The pedal selection defaults to 127 instead of 0 when there is no pedal attached.

Not quite as convenient as a global bypass (a few more button pushes) but the effect is the same, all your volume blocks will have a full on value for their modifier.

kahliburke said:
I believe the current workaround is to set the whatever external controller you have set to control the volume to pedal1 instead of the cc number you usually use. The pedal selection defaults to 127 instead of 0 when there is no pedal attached.

Not quite as convenient as a global bypass (a few more button pushes) but the effect is the same, all your volume blocks will have a full on value for their modifier.

Great tip!
Thanks.

Is that documented anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom