Voes MC-5jr

Sean Atalioti

Hey,
If someone could do the honor :)

Any working instructions for the Voes Jr to set up scenes please

I have editor and everything upto date just how to set up and get the AX8 and the Voes to talk

Appreciate any help

Hey,
If someone could do the honor :)

Any working instructions for the Voes Jr to set up scenes please

I have editor and everything upto date just how to set up and get the AX8 and the Voes to talk

Appreciate any help
Here is a config with buttons 1-4 as scenes 1-4 the button 5 as page to toggle to the second page. After hitting button 5 and moving to the second page, buttons 1-4 become scenes 5-8 and the 5 button is page back to the 1st page. The forum won't let me upload the actual .hex config so here are some screen shots. You also have to have a midi cable from the Voes to your AX8 midi in for them to talk.

Attachments

• MC5jrConfig.jpg
    MC5jrConfig.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 74
  • MC5jrConfig2.jpg
    MC5jrConfig2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 54
Hey I just got the MC5jr the first edition I think, and I cant get the drivers to work on my Windows 10 device. Any advice? Hoping to do the exact set up you have.

Hey I just got the MC5jr the first edition I think, and I cant get the drivers to work on my Windows 10 device. Any advice? Hoping to do the exact set up you have.
Drivers? Are you talking about the editor? A Midi controller doesn't have drivers...

As far as I am aware, there is not a Mac editor.

@voes can probably help.

contact me at voesmidicontrollers AT gmail DOT com

Here's another config with buttons 1-4 as scenes 1-4 and then long pressing buttons 1-4 gives you scenes 5-8. Button 5 is tuner and long press clears the LED lights if you change presets. I used this config the most with my AX8. Scenes on MC5jr and stomp boxes on the AX8. I also changed F3 to be tap only since tuner is on button 5.

20190102_140733_resized.jpg 20190102_140712_resized.jpg 20190102_140755_resized.jpg

Great ideas!! So I got mine going with great and very timely support from Patric Voes. I have mine set up so that 1 thru 4 are presets then button 5 takes you to page 2, on the 2nd page 1-4 are scenes, five is to go back to page one. This way I can go to a preset then click five to choose from 4 scenes on that preset. this works great but only in BANK 1. Hopefully you folks can help out. I want this set up to work no matter what bank I am on, for some reason when I hit the buttons on page one it takes me to preset one which is great but it also takes me back to BANK 1 I want the bank to be null so that I can be on any bank which I will choose from one of the function switches on the ax8 and then use the Voes to change the presets and scenes from that particular bank.

Great ideas!! So I got mine going with great and very timely support from Patric Voes. I have mine set up so that 1 thru 4 are presets then button 5 takes you to page 2, on the 2nd page 1-4 are scenes, five is to go back to page one. This way I can go to a preset then click five to choose from 4 scenes on that preset. this works great but only in BANK 1. Hopefully you folks can help out. I want this set up to work no matter what bank I am on, for some reason when I hit the buttons on page one it takes me to preset one which is great but it also takes me back to BANK 1 I want the bank to be null so that I can be on any bank which I will choose from one of the function switches on the ax8 and then use the Voes to change the presets and scenes from that particular bank.

Hi Melvin,

How did you set up the preset change? I believe it is defaulting to bank one preset one because button one probably has a CC value of 0:0 which is bank one preset one. I looked at the manual (pg 100-101) and I think you have to program the bank/preset for each preset, I don't believe it will ignore or "NULL" the bank message like you are wanting. I'm no midi expert, that's just what I think I understand. Would be cool if you could though. :)

Hi Melvin,

How did you set up the preset change? I believe it is defaulting to bank one preset one because button one probably has a CC value of 0:0 which is bank one preset one. I looked at the manual (pg 100-101) and I think you have to program the bank/preset for each preset, I don't believe it will ignore or "NULL" the bank message like you are wanting. I'm no midi expert, that's just what I think I understand. Would be cool if you could though. :)
That would be a PC, not CC... ;)

Hi Melvin,

This is how I have it set up

upload_2019-1-3_23-37-25.png

upload_2019-1-3_23-37-59.png

So those take you to bank 1 preset 1-4 and not bank 1 preset 2-5? Just trying to see if I understand the manual or not. I think no matter what you have to assign the PC of the bank/preset you want since they each have a specific location to be recalled. If I'm thinking right, the MC5jr has the PC changes setup to be CC0:0-127 but you only see the 0-127 of that PC message. That gives you access to banks 1-16 and 8 presets per bank. You have to start using CC1-3:0-127 for PC changes above those banks.

@voes Am I thinking right? If I need to edit any of this, please let me know.

Last edited:
programs 1-4 are selected not 2-5. Thanks for the input, I will have to dig in a little more when I get home and can look at it again. I hope you are on to something!! Thanks so much for your help. Man this is such a nifty tool to totally expand the capabilities of the Ax8. Loving it!!

programs 1-4 are selected not 2-5. Thanks for the input, I will have to dig in a little more when I get home and can look at it again. I hope you are on to something!! Thanks so much for your help. Man this is such a nifty tool to totally expand the capabilities of the Ax8. Loving it!!

Yeah man! It's a great pedal for sure. And Patric is super responsive and helpful.

Is "preset offset" checked on your global page?

Ok, cool. That makes sense. I wish I knew how to make it work like you want but I don't see a way to do that. Since each preset is a specific midi number I think you'd have to plan on what presets you want to use in your MC5jr and load those PC numbers. Or, you'd have to have the four presets you want in bank 1 presets 1-4 with your current config. Thanks for sharing your configs, I learned something from all this. :)

Back
Top Bottom