Voes MC-5jr connect to AX8

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I recently purchased this unit and am now trying to get it to communicate with the AX8.
So far No Communication.
I have read through the MC-5jr manual, downloaded the editor and made sure the firmware is up to date.
The AX8 & MC-5jr are both on midi channel 1.
Patrick made it sound like this was going to be plug & play, but not the case here.
I am trying to use switches 1-5 for scenes 1-5.

Can someone help?

Hi!
I also own the MC-5jr and it was plug & play in my case (I got it preprogrammed for switching scenes 1-5 too).
So I‘m sorry I cannot help you.
The only issues that come to my mind are: is your Midi-cable connected correctly to the Midi-In of the AX8? Does the Midi cable work (try it with another device)? Does the power supply of the MC-5jr work (is the green LED above a footswitch on when you hit the switch)?
I didn’t have any issues with this unit yet...asides one of the LEDs, that’s not always working.
Good luck!

So I tried a second midi cable,
made sure it was plugged into the midi in port,
Verified that when the MC-5jr is powering up, I see all 5 LED's light Green then Red then off.

I recently purchased this unit and am now trying to get it to communicate with the AX8.
So far No Communication.
I have read through the MC-5jr manual, downloaded the editor and made sure the firmware is up to date.
The AX8 & MC-5jr are both on midi channel 1.
Patrick made it sound like this was going to be plug & play, but not the case here.
I am trying to use switches 1-5 for scenes 1-5.

Can someone help?

contact me at info AT voes DOT be and we will solve the problem

I've had mine for over a year now, used daily and no issues

Patrick will sort out any issues

Back
Top Bottom