Vocals through AX8

fastgraham

Inspired
I have a digital mixer that I have the toughest time getting vocals to sound right.

Just as an experiment, I put the microphone into the FX return, then had it join my acoustic guitar chain to hit only the EQ, reverb, optical 2 comp and enhancer blocks.

Now the vocals are awesome.

I am playing a gig Thursday night, and I am not going use my mixer, just the AX8 with my microphone and acoustic guitar going straight into it, then out to my 2 FRFR's.

Crazy.

I have a digital mixer that I have the toughest time getting vocals to sound right.

Just as an experiment, I put the microphone into the FX return, then had it join my acoustic guitar chain to hit only the EQ, reverb, optical 2 comp and enhancer blocks.

Now the vocals are awesome.

I am playing a gig Thursday night, and I am not going use my mixer, just the AX8 with my microphone and acoustic guitar going straight into it, then out to my 2 FRFR's.

Crazy.
I was just going to ask about AX8 and vocals today! I was wondering about that too. So FX block then use return input and take it from there. I will just need an XLR to 1/4 in. connector...
Any pointers re. levels or anything else? If this works I would be able to ditch my TC Helicon Play...

I was just going to ask about AX8 and vocals today! I was wondering about that too. So FX block then use return input and take it from there. I will just need an XLR to 1/4 in. connector...
Any pointers re. levels or anything else? If this works I would be able to ditch my TC Helicon Play...
I use a DI box to boost the input signal of the microphone. The box has XLR in and 1/4 out so it's perfect for this. I have to crank it up pretty high (8/10) but it works great. Steinberg UR22

I use a DI box to boost the input signal of the microphone. The box has XLR in and 1/4 out so it's perfect for this. I have to crank it up pretty high (8/10) but it works great. Steinberg UR22
Got it. I have a mini mixer that I can try to use to achieve the same. Mic to mixer ch 1 XLR, crank level, back to AX8 1/4 in fx return. Out to FOH.

Back
Top Bottom