VLC Player continually loses ability to play audio through USB

gittarzann

Power User
I have to uninstall the Fractal drivers to get it back up.

Occasionally there is a loud pop but I haven't put my finger on whether or not this is associated with the audio loss.

Rebooting doesn't work, re-installing VLC doesn't work. I have the Axe-Fx as an option in playback devices, but no audio output.

Switch to youtube, or WMP and it;s fine.

Thoughts?

btw Win7 64

I have numerous issue with the Axe as a sound card on my windows 8.1 system (no audio after a while - but working after a reboot). As suggested by the support, using the (old) driver 1.50 solved them !

Using my Axe as a soundcard on my Windows 7 laptop worked just fine for the longest time, but for the past couple of months it's been really finicky. I'll plug it in and Windows recognizes it just fine, switches over to it, but nothing will play through it (all audio players freeze up). I have to unplug and replug in the USB several times before it works.

I have numerous issue with the Axe as a sound card on my windows 8.1 system (no audio after a while - but working after a reboot). As suggested by the support, using the (old) driver 1.50 solved them !

Are you using internal or external audio device (sound card)? I found that when I unplug my USB "Personus 1818VSL AudioBox" device AXE FX works fine.

It kind of makes sense, being both devices are competing to be the sound card.

What's interesting in my case, is it is only VLC player (as far as I can tell so far) that quits. I have googled fixes, but haven't figured it out yet.

Are you using internal or external audio device (sound card)? I found that when I unplug my USB "Personus 1818VSL AudioBox" device AXE FX works fine.

It kind of makes sense, being both devices are competing to be the sound card.

Im using an internal sound card. On Windows I setup the Axe as default audio device which means all sounds go through it when it is turned on. When off, the internal sound card is automatically used.

Try a different USB cable, I had all sort of issues due to a low quality cable.

I would think a USB cable problem would universally kill my audio, but it is only the VLC media player as far as I can tell.

If I bring the media up in Windows Media Player....which I can't stand....it works for some reason?

Back
Top Bottom