Virtual Pedalboard with Axe-Edit?

APE

Inspired
I was thinking of setting up a virtual pedalboard on Axe-Edit, where each pedal toggles an effect on and off. I would like to have pedals for Flanger, Phaser, Leslie, Delay, and Chorus.

I have Axe-FX II and FCB 1010.

I though bank 2 could be used for the individual effects.

Is this difficult, or should I try it? And how?

Thank you,

I don't know what you mean by a virtual pedalboard on "Axe-Edit", but I think what your after is one of the 3rd party firmwares for the FCB. Either UnO or Eureka chips that give you stomp box mode on the FCB. With those you can use one row of pedals for patch change and the other row for toggling effects on/off.

I was thinking of setting up a virtual pedalboard on Axe-Edit, where each pedal toggles an effect on and off. I would like to have pedals for Flanger, Phaser, Leslie, Delay, and Chorus.
you sort of already have this. just double click on the block in the Layout.

I have Axe-FX II and FCB 1010.

I though bank 2 could be used for the individual effects.

Is this difficult, or should I try it? And how?

Thank you,
BOME Midi translator allows you to map incoming midi data to an exact screen location. Just capture incoming data from, say, pedal #1 on your fcb1010 into Bome, assign it the 'toggle' function, then map the output to the exact screen location of, say, Drive 1 block in Axe-Edit. Add a second command to the mapping to apply key-stroke 'spacebar' - and that's basically it to turn on/off Drive 1 block. Repeat for each pedal / block. A bit agricultural, but it should work, best of luck...!

Last edited:
Get a MFC-101, you can pick up the MKI or II versions for pretty good prices.

This will allow you to have up to 17 IA switches which essentially turn on/off a given effect, and also show you the status of which effects are on or off with 2 color LED's on a per patch basis so when you change presets it updates what effects blocks are turned on.

Best way to accomplish what you want, not to mention giving you the ability to have 4 more expression pedals hooked up for wah, whammy, delay time, mix ratios, etc etc

Fantastic unit that will do just what your after pretty much straight out of the box

The fcb 1010 can be programed to turn effects on and off in the fractal units on any of the 10 fcb 1010 banks, but you will have to know how the fcb1010 works.

The fcb 1010 can be programed to turn effects on and off in the fractal units on any of the 10 fcb 1010 banks, but you will have to know how the fcb1010 works.

It won't be able to display the state the effects are in on patch changes though will it ? I had a FCB ages ago, and ordered the new EPROM, swapped that out easily enough, but couldn't for the life of me otherwise program the thing lol

The thing I really love about the MFC, not that I use 17 pedals/switches, is that when I change a patch, or even a scene, the lights change, so I know for example when I load a new preset that the drive pedal is on, because its green, and if the comp pedal has a red light, it means the block is loaded, but not active, so on the so forth. I think that feature alone makes it worth its price, and that is before even getting into the big LCD so you can see what patch you have loaded, or what just turned on/off

Back
Top Bottom