Virtual mods changing caps values

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Ok so is this is the nerdy side of me
and probably a way deeper dive into advanced parameters than most want to go but the synergy modules allow you to change value
on the cathode bias from. A 22 to 68 to 1 uf is there any way to simulate that in the Axe ?
or change the clipping from like a 10k Marshall to a 39k soldano
and all points in between
just curious

Per the Fractal Audio Blocks Guide, the Preamp Bias parameter adjusts the bias of the last preamp gain stage and affects the balance of odd to even harmonics.

Per the Fractal Audio Blocks Guide, the Preamp Bias parameter adjusts the bias of the last preamp gain stage and affects the balance of odd to even harmonics.
Cool i will have to check that out
i see cathode bias as well which may have answered my question

happy camper reporting in: adding cathode bias to an amp i don't think is supposed to have it just let me finally make it do what i've been trying to get it to do ever since the DS-1 made it in, even just 5% cathode bias gets this really fine extra layer of bias breakup to pop out on top that is otherwise buried/muffled down. here is a preset describing what i mean

Attachments

• Orange Juice Cathodeiddelyodid.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Thats what i do with clean amps, i love the mojo it gives, sometimes its subtle other times its more pronounced.

I've been searching for that breakup characteristic out of the recto vintage preamp with a DS-1 for so long, lowering grid bias got it closer but nothing has made it pop out in the right way as adding cathode bias to the power section

that preset has master all the way down. I read that the preamp tubes are always cathode biased, I wonder if that cathode parameter adjusts preamp and power amp both, because the amp I think is fixed bias, but it has that fuzzy loose characteristic in spades in that same gain range. with the models it sounds like it is breaking up correctly, but the top end crackle of the bias is heavily muffled down somehow, it's very subdued, until you turn on cathode bias parameter even a little bit and it jumps out

Back
Top Bottom